Looking for Chow Rescues!

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

Matsuro
Rank 0
Rank 0

Looking for Chow Rescues!

Post by Matsuro »

I never thought I would so much trouble looking for a couple of rescues to adopt chows outside of the State of Florida from!

Well, I'm looking for rescues and I have a few requriments that I have seen some other breed rescues use, here is what Im looking for:

1. They have to adopt to people outside of the state.
2. They must allow a person of another rescue do the home check.
3. They must be willing to have the Dog either ground transported either by a pet transport company or people willing to help transport an animal.
4. They must have up to date information on the Dog and have a website so I can view the dog.

That is about it so far. Do you think that is to much to ask? I asked another pet forum to help me using those requirements, and they are acting more than helpful saying I shouldnt ask or seek those types of requirements when trying to find a rescue, stating I shouldnt ask because Im not just looking for "any" type of chow, but a cream coated chow. What is wrong because I want someone of another rescue do the home check? Or that I want a cream coated chow? I do have other requriements but I have those written already.
Tia
~Wanted: Cream Chow-Male~
Future Chow's name: Inuyasha aka Yasha!

Future Lab's name: Irwin-in memory of Steve Irwin, God Bless Steve!!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Have you already checked out this link? http://www.chowwelfare.com
Matsuro
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Matsuro »

Yes, I have checked out Chow Welfare, I have also checked out other shelters and other dog rescue forums for chows; but its hard to find their adoption policy. I should be ready to adopt in a couple of months but I like to ask questions from shelters or rescues. If I cant find a male Chow, I may just look at different chows or wait until I see a cream coated chow that I want.
Tia
~Wanted: Cream Chow-Male~
Future Chow's name: Inuyasha aka Yasha!

Future Lab's name: Irwin-in memory of Steve Irwin, God Bless Steve!!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I think that all of the things you have listed, most rescues already do but I don't think shelters can accomodate some of the things you require.

1. They have to adopt to people outside of the state.
2. They must allow a person of another rescue do the home check.
3. They must be willing to have the Dog either ground transported either by a pet transport company or people willing to help transport an animal.
4. They must have up to date information on the Dog and have a website so I can view the dog.

It takes time and constant follow up, especially when you want a specific chow.

Karen