Chow needs rescue in Idaho

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

reddober13

Chow needs rescue in Idaho

Post by reddober13 »

I have a 5-8yr old cinnamon intacted male chow that I'd like to see go to rescue out of state. I can help set up transport. Background on this dog is that he has spent the past 4-5yrs in a backyard being harassed by a herd of kids. I took him on after the owner said"I left him in the yard to starve for three days" when I ask if she didn't have any dog food she said "no I just hate the dog" He seems well socialized and friendly. No barking or growling. Does nip when feeling threatened ie..muzzling grooming(I had to shave him) and being picked up. other than that did great in my house. Good with my 3 dogs, no marking in the house, and only whined a little in the crate. Please contact me with any suggestions. kdh0248 @ yahoo.com (remove spaces) I only have 2 weeks to place him as I don't have space and my roomate is terrified of the breed. Please feel free to cross post.
Thanks,
Kathy
Boise,Idaho
reddober13

Never mind

Post by reddober13 »

He died under anesthesia this evening. His age was estamated as closer to 14yrs old.
Thanks
mkaiser
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ohhhh; I'm so sorry.

Post by mkaiser »

I just saw your message and was going to suggest that you contact NW CHow Chow Rescue here in Portland, OR. My condolences, and heartfelt thanks for everything you tried to do for this poor Chow.