UPDATE Again: Eastern Washington Chows

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

UPDATE Again: Eastern Washington Chows

Post by sengeoz »

Please see the missing update from last week - foster & forever homes still needed.

Edit: The link that was here led to a removed message. Please see the message that follows below for the updated information.
Last edited by sengeoz on Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: UPDATE Again: Eastern Washington Chows

Post by sengeoz »

As of the end of the week all chows that have been relinquished (33) have been vetted (3 were euthanized - 3 older males with serious temperament problems probably due to having been kept crated for 24 hours day for most of their lives). All are either in foster homes, adoptive homes, or still in Susan's Sibe rescue (9). I'll most likely be going back up to Dayton to take the remaining 9 out the 1st or 2nd week in April (contingent on Luanne's finalizing the foster homes). There's still no progress on getting the last 5 that remain with the owner/breeder, so...we wait...

The vet bill (for all dogs to date) is down to $2,801.43, and the board bill of those needing to be boarded after surgery is down to $618.61. So...$3,100 +/- remaining owed on the bill. (From a total of close to $9,000.)
I have collected and paid $2,000 (with another $600 going to Susan for dog food and expenses), another $1,600 or so was sent directly to the vet in Dayton, and CCCI Welfare sent a grant for $2,000. (The local Dayton folks have also donated to the cause.)
Makes me feel proud that we can all pull together like we have!

BUT... (always a but) if anyone has any pennies left over from that tax refund, there's still $3,100 or so to pay off.... The blog in my signature line has the PayPal link.

THANKS, guys!

Barbara Paris
Central Oregon Chow Rescue
9279 NW Oak Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
541 325-2540
Email: barbaraparis123@msn.com
Rescue Blog: http://chowchow.sosblog.com

A House is not a Home without a menagerie
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)