URGENT-seeking rescue group to take Chow-Kissimmee Florida

For people/groups offering Chow Chow rescue and help.

Moderator: chowadmin

leftonez
Rank 0
Rank 0

URGENT-seeking rescue group to take Chow-Kissimmee Florida

Post by leftonez »

A good friend of mine got a neighbor of hers to give up custody of their Chow. The Chow (who is male and about 2-3 years old, purebred) was being abused, not fed regularly and being left outside rain/cold or whatever. My friend is located in Kissimmee and is looking for a Chow Rescue Group who can take this very sweet little boy and give him all the TLC he deserves. Or if any general rescue organization out there is familiar with chows and can take one more in - that would be great as well.

He has a skin condition of some sort, but it's not mange. Mostly due to lack of nutrition and laying outside for so long. He is heartworm positive, but it's treatable and my friend has already purchased the meds and is administering them. She doesn't have the funds to support this dog for much longer but wants to make sure he gets a great home. He is good with other dogs and children. When he fills out with his hair he's going to be a beauty. I think with some time,love, and minor medical treatment he'll end up being a fantastic pet for anyone. Please help me help this doggie in any way you can.

And no, I'm not looking for just anyone to take this dog from my friend. It's important that a group familiar with Chow's take on it's care and tend to the specific needs of the breed. I cannot take the dog myself as I'm only in a rental home and cannot have another pet - or I would. He looks like the cutest bear ever and will be absolutely beautiful when he's back to full health. Please contact me and I'll coordinate the rest. My friend, a single mom, is very overwhelmed right now with caring for an elder mom, her child and a household and just needs a helping hand right now.

Two ways to reach me - leftonez@yahoo.com (will be answered at night time) or linda.m.schneider@ustrust.com (will be answered during daytime Mon-Frid). I cannot access my work email at home, or my home at work - ergo the two options. Thanks, in advance and God Bless.
Attachments
bear 2.JPG
bear 2.JPG (18.98 KiB) Viewed 11543 times
Brandy's mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: URGENT-seeking rescue group to take Chow-Kissimmee Florida

Post by Brandy's mom »

I've contacted Debi at Second Chance Rescue in Bunnell, FL., with your information. I got Brandy through her and she said that people all over Florida know she loves chows and will call her when they have one. She got Brandy from the Broward County Animal Shelter and held her for 7 months until I came along. Hopefully, she's been in contact with you already, but if not, you can contact her at:

BpdebiG@aol.com

Second Chance Rescue Thrift Store & Adoption Center
1003 E Moody Blvd
Bunnell, FL 32110
386-437-2727
386-527-3763

Cecelia
Cecelia

"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

Does anyone know if this chow ever made it to a rescue? Was he ever adopted or is he still at a rescue? He's adorable and just like one that I'm looking for!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

leftonez wrote: Two ways to reach me - leftonez@yahoo.com (will be answered at night time) or linda.m.schneider@ustrust.com (will be answered during daytime Mon-Frid). I cannot access my work email at home, or my home at work - ergo the two options.
Best bet is to email her and find out :D
ImageImageImage
animallover
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by animallover »

I love this picture. It looks like your dogs are very well integrated. My husband and I are thinking of two cats and a chow. I have not owned a chow, and after reading up on their temperament, am thinking this may be a lethal combo for the cats. Have you heard of chows getting along with cats? We are exploring the second chance rescue here in Fla. Do you think it is possible to adopt a chow and a couple of cats and have one happy family?
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Oh yes, It's possible. Especially if you adopt from a rescue. Those who foster and know the chows well can tell you what chows get along with cats and which ones don't. We got our Molly from a rescue, and she likes to chase the cats if they will run, but if they stand their ground, she leaves them alone. Cats are quite adaptable and it takes some time, but we've had no problems with 2 dogs and 3 cats. Like I said, the rescue people can steer you in the right direction. Let us know what you decide!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand