Crufts!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Crufts!

Post by Judy Fox »

We watched Crufts last night on television and a beautiful cream Chow Chow was awarded third place in the Utility class.
He was beautiful! =D= =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Crufts!

Post by CoraP. »

I am so glad to hear this! It seems like they always overlook the chows. I get sooo tired of poodles winning!!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Junglee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Junglee »

Great. That tells something about this beautiful breed. Chows rulz!!! :)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I hope they broadcast it here, I would love to see a cream in the ring. They are almost always reds in the class competition.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, they said it was the first time a cream had won for a long time. He was lovely too - with a lovely Chow Chow Grin. :D
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

KARIN &
chowMIKKI

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

WELL DONE TUFTY, YOU ARE TRULY A LOVELY CHOW AND MUST HAVE VERY PROUD OWNERS AT THE MOMENT.
CAROLYN
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

My mama is sending me the recorded DVD of it Judy. I love Cruffs & we all know how I'll feel about the creamy dreamys :lol:

I'm off to the Seattle Dog show tmw & have warned DH to be ready early as the chows show at 10am :shock:
Thank you Elodie!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I can see why a Chow would get more recognition in the English dog shows, British people being more the intellectual types and more into the finer things in Life then the US or am I just watching to many James bond movies.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

No, I really think Europeans are more open-minded about the chow breed. =D=
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

If I didn't know better or lets say read the theories and knew nothing about Chows I would think a Chow would be an English breed. Look at the Chow characteristics then think of old England I would say English bread all the way.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Jeff&Peks wrote:I can see why a Chow would get more recognition in the English dog shows, British people being more the intellectual types and more into the finer things in Life then the US or am I just watching to many James bond movies.
Definatly too many JB movies :lol: However, chow really don't have the same reputation at home or in Europe, or maybe the rest of the world???? So they tend to be more accepted?
Thank you Elodie!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Well it says one thing, if I'm putting England up there on the pedestal with Chows I must have one hell of a high regard for England. Forget James Bond, how about Mick Jagger... James Bond, Mick Jagger, Chows, what more could one ask for.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

I found this link. What I like about this show, they also show agility. It's not just a fashion show of dogs.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/crufts/
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Excellent Karin. I was going to look for the link and see if there were pictures but you have done it! I am glad too. I have an awful cold, much to M & M's disgust and cannot stop coughing.
Jeff, as Layla says, the chows here on The Island are much admired and do not have the same reputation as some over The Pond. I love the James Bond Movies though. :)
Layla, hope you enjoy the DVD.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Judy you have had this cold for quite sometime. If you haven't seen a doctor, do so, can't fool around with being sick at our age. Hope you have a toddy before bedtime. I hope you feel up to snuff soon.

I discovered another interesting link but for the UK only :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/ ... d=b0093tzw
Last edited by sit_by_the_beach on Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Karin, thankyou for that clip. did you see that beautiful Schnauzer who came second. That is just like Hector.

and

Yes, Mam! I intend to go to the doc on Monday if this cold is not better. I take the line that if you treat a cold it lasts seven days and if you don't, it lasts a week but this is not clearing up and it is well over a week. I am tossing up whether to have a glass of Guinness or go to bed with a hot whisky toddy - neither or which I like too much! :) But I think bed and the toddy will win.

I have already been told off today by my granddaughter Louise and no doubt her mother will be down tomorrow to check on me and "sort me out"!
katschow
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by katschow »

That was a beautiful chow ....and nice to see a chow that wins...with a face and eyes...you can actually see!
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

Typical that I managed to miss Crufts on Thursday :roll: Beautiful Chow!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

For crying out loud, you missed Crufts!! :lol:

Just watched the final and the Giant Schnauzer won. He was beautiful too.

I hate it all though - the other owners with their beautiful dogs.................................... :?
Last edited by Judy Fox on Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

I know - it's awful!! I didn't realise it started on Thursday, and by the time I noticed it was too late :oops: