8%

Total votes: 12

grizzlybear
Rank 0
Rank 0

to paddle or not to paddle

Post by grizzlybear »

does your chow like to paddle or hate even getting their toes wet

buggy (red) will net even get her toes wet (was once cut off by 1" deep strip of tide and ran round in circles looking for a dry patch to cross then sat down and waited for me to carry her across :roll: )

bimbi (black) will shallow paddle

hol (black) and monkey (black) will both wade right in to the point of floatation :) eating the water as they go :roll:
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Actually somewhere in the middle of no toes wet to shallow paddle for Kodi. She doesn't mind puddles or walking in rain at all (was a miserable walking winter for me...). Not sure how she'd do in shallow water (ie, up the legs) but I'd guess that'd be the most she'd like.

Interesting! You'll get fun answers!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
kingalls

Water/No water!

Post by kingalls »

I have both! Shiloh is the ultimate water dog...which is why I thought she was more of a Uraiser dog than not - and Mr. Nahkohe tolerates water because it quenches his thirst. Shiloh has her little kiddie pool to cannonball into after her evening walks...Mr. N will drink from it. :roll:
So our poll nets out null ... :wink:
Karen
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel hate getting their toes wet.
When it has been raining, they go into the garden, stand on the paths and test the grass with one front paw. Then they search for the ' dryest ' bit to go over to spend a penny. They hate the rain and come rushing in if it starts to rain.
Funny girls. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Pekoe use to hate the water but we took her river rafting once and it was so hot we forced her in the water sense then she goes out of her to walk in water, if she sees a puddle she will deliberately walk in it. No water higher then her paws though and she won't walk on wet grass. Pekoe for some reason dosn't really like walking on grass wet or dry she thinks it's one big toilet, she spends her penny then runs as fast as she can to get off the grass.
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

paddle or not to paddle

Post by carolyn dewrance »

My Zena loves to paddle, and will bath herself, but dont put her in a bath of water she athinks she is being murdered, the other chows dont mind having a bath but will step over a puddle of water after the rain and find it difficult to get into their kennels, so it's a hop skip and kind of jump and they are home safe.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Dakota does not like to go out in the rain, I practically have to force her outside to do her business. However, she does love to take a dip in the lake or river when we are hiking. Usually, she will just walk around in the water, sometimes paddling out a bit but always turning back if it gets too deep. Although, one time when it was very hot out she actually did a barrell roll in the water!! :shock: (only that one time mind you)
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Paddle & Swim

Post by zingara_princepessa »

There is a beautiful park across the street from my family's home in San Jose. It has a pretty little creek running through and a small lake. If I let Orso off the leash, he will SOOOO bound into the water as far as he can go. But, to be fair, we believe him to be half chow, with no clue as to what the other half may be (some sort of lab-type or water-loving breed?)

Valentina, who was all chow (and whohad to be put down in March :cry: ) would have NONE of the creek nor the lake, sniffing the water to see what Orso found so enchanting, but turning her pretty little nose up at it in the end.
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!

Post by Guest »

:o
We also have a very nice doggie park where we live with a creek. Hufflepuff really did very well in the bath, and loves to play in the rain, but I was so suprised when he charged into the stream! At one point the where the bank is a little higher and the water a little deeper (almost up to his shoulders) he even jumped right in! Don't know if he's gonna paddle yet cause he didn't get to far due to his leash.
Now that must be the lab in him!

Kelly and Hufflepuff