Crazy Vets in So. Cal

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Crazy Vets in So. Cal

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Here's one your going to love. The other day I responded to someone on the San Diego Graigslist concerning vets and at the same time I ask if any Chow owners between Orange county and San Diego county knew of a good vet.

Today I received an e-mail from a Vet that read my posting, the first part is my original posting the second is the Vets Response.

My Post:
Vets, Personally I think 70% of them are all quacks and drug pushers but times are changing with all the vet costs going up and all the new pet malpractice suits being filed hopefully one day Vets will learn, Pet first, Human emotions then money.

Speaking of Vets can any Chow owners out there recommend a Vet that is familiar with Chows and knows the difference between a tick bite and hip dyslexia I will go through 10 vets before I find one that I will let touch my Chow so can anyone suggest a good Vet between Orange county and San Diego County that knows Chows, Thanks.

The Vets E-mail Response:

Hey crazy-it's hip dysplasia, not dyslexia, which is what you suffer. You have a Chow dog...Chow, umm, those pets do better without any veterinary care, stay out of all vet hospitals and treat your pet with free advice found on the internet-it's always accurate and effective and it keeps vets from being bit by this breed.
keith Hilinski DVM

At first I thought it was fake, no vet in his right mind would say something like that but the e-mail address was the vet hospitol.
kingalls

Crazy vet

Post by kingalls »

Jeff,
C'mon...what's this vet's email address!! I think he deserves a few respons :twisted: es
Egads...I'm so tired of these anti-Chow attitudes!

Karen
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Holy Cow!!

That was my first thought Jeff when I read this, surely this cannot be an an actual vet who responded but some loser with too much time on his hands. If it is in fact, an actual vet, well then that is the most pathetic thing I have ever read. Totally unprofessional and irresponsible! I could understand him being somewhat defensive reading your post, but to respond in that way is so unbelievably childish it makes my head spin. I hope some of his clients read this and think twice about bringing their animals into him. I surely wouldn't trust him with my pet after reading that!!
Zhuyos mom

Re: Crazy vet

Post by Zhuyos mom »

kingalls wrote:Jeff,
C'mon...what's this vet's email address!!

Yes, Jeff! Let us let him have it!!! We haven't been riled about for some time now.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff - I flipped through San Diego Craigslist a bit and boy there's a whole thread on this vet and unhappy owners. Here's even a link to a lawsuit brought on by one.

http://www.blnlaw.com/animallawarticles16.html
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

To Lou

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yeah that's why I didn't include the e-mail address I didn't want anyone in here getting into e-mail harassment's from some of those people and even worse them coming in here. We have had disagreements in here but the craigslist pet section is an all out war. I don't recall the SF craigslist being that bad I used it all the time. I just use this one occasionally checking on Chows which luckily there isn' very many.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Wow, how did I miss this post? I check daily and often twice.

Anyway - What a weirdo Dr. H is!
:roll: :roll:
Googled him and here's his info

Hilinski Keith DVM
736 Otay Lakes Road
Chula Vista, CA 91909

619-482-2000
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Re: To Lou

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Yeah that's why I didn't include the e-mail address I didn't want anyone in here getting into e-mail harassment's from some of those people and even worse them coming in here.... I don't recall the SF craigslist being that bad I used it all the time.
Your instincts are probably right (about not posting his e-mail on this site). Now my instincts are telling me that it's not the actual doctor doing the posting or e-mail to say, you. It just sounds too unprofessional. I've met a couple of veterinarians in a social fashion (not to mention the vets that have taken care of Zhu and PB) and I've never heard them speak improper American English. By virtue of their education, they do tend to use a more erudite manner of speech. The fool who wrote you is probably a vet tech or receptionist from his office that has a beef with their boss and perhaps nothing else to do but act up online to people just to feel empowered. For instance, you typing hip dyslexia instead of hip dysplasia and the response you received was cynical. A real vet would have corrected you with out the cynicism. My second reason for my "instinct" is most doctors don't really care to use or will not post their first name after an honorific they spent so much time to earn, unless they are on a one to one constant with the person, like say, someone who works there or worked there. However, someone who is use to teaching pre-schoolers or children under 6 often refer to elders that speak to their students in that fashion. Which leads back to the lady with the kitten who died, who is also a kindergarten teacher.

Yes, SF craigslist is kinder or more focused in the pets section. I think they have a separate section for complaints. Just from time to time do arguments creep in the "pets' section.

Anyways, good to know Pekoe will not be paying that clinic a visit! It's weird that you posted this subject. I was thinking of you and Pekoe yesterday. I was driving to Sacramento and I think I remember you posting a recommendation to Redwood Vet Clinic in Vallejo...which I saw parrallel to the freeway. Ha! I'm getting as psychic as my chows!

Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sacramento...

Post by Shan&Kayla »

you know up until just over a year ago, I lived in yuba city...a little less then an hour north of sac! how funny! January-04 I moved up here to Washington ;)