General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

deidre
Rank 0
Rank 0

just hit me

Post by deidre »

Hi all

This post will carry on from one i wrote a while ago about us moving to a duplex and how the stairs and the move will affect my nikka.

Just wanted to thank ya all for your replies and i have another question for you guys.

Will nikka want to pee pee in the house? Reason i ask this is because when we took nikka to my boyfriends work she pee'd on the carpet. She has never pee'd on my inlaws carpets nor my parents but maybe that is because she is familiar with their houses. So i was thinking what if she pee's on the carpets in the new house.

We are going to be renting there so i do not want to have to mess up those carpets. Any advice or suggestions as to how i can avoid it? She is not a wee pup any more so hopefully she wont but i would like to avoid the possibility.

Please help

thnx guys :D
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: just hit me

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I think it may depend if another dog or animal has ever pee'd on the carpet before. I took Boogie who was fully potty trained to my mom's house and he had had a walk before he went in. He purposely walked over to in front of her fire place and pee'd. It turns out that her neighbors dog had an accident in that same spot so he was marking it. If they ever do go in the house it is important to clean it up really well otherwise they will smell it and keep going there.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

I would make sure the carpet has been professionally cleaned. Then I would buy some vinegar, water it down and mix it with a carpet shampoo solution and re-wash the carpet. That should get rid of any left over odor from any previous pets. If you don't have a carpet shampooer (I highly suggest the home ones I swear my bissel pro heat 2X works better than the pro rental ones) then you can rent one from places like a grocery store. Oh, yeah then air out the place cause the smell is welll I am sure you know....
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

We have the bissell pro heat! I love it, although there is one stain I cannot for the life of me get out even with it. Anyway focusing on the actual question...we use a pee cleaner up called Unique that is food in the feed type of pet stores. Theres also Nature's Miracle that people on here swear by that you can get at petsmart or petco I think but I never fell in love with it myself. Anyway it helps clean up the urine completely if there are any accidents so you don't have to worry as much about having trashed carpets in your rental when you leave. I would make sure to clean up spots as soon as I find them so you don't end up with a big giant spot like the one I have been battling. Good luck!

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!