Bruiser Strikes Again!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

meex18
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bruiser Strikes Again!

Post by meex18 »

Bruiser has always been a bully eversince I got him around October last year. He doesn't attack other dogs mind you (the closest thing he did on attacking one of my pups was when said puppy took his toy without "permission" and Bruiser scolded him and took the toy back and put it in his box), instead, he likes to ruffle the other doggies' and cats' feathers. Annoy them too much to make them angry enough to attack him instead.

This morning for example... Lesson No. 1: Never let a bully chow chow run around the backyard unattended.

We adopted an old stray dog a few months back. I really don't know what occured at the time when I let him out in the backyard to run around for a bit while I was cleaning my room. All I know is that Huey (my adopted) and Mantok (my miniature dachshund), both of which are older and male, were tag-teaming against Bruiser, who thought the two very angry doggies were just playing with him! So while the other two were trying to get a bite out of Bruiser (and pretty much did not succeed as they could only bite on to his thick fur), Bruiser on the other hand kept annoying them even more. What a way to start the morning huh? While I was yelling at all of them to stop (And by all of them, I meant Bruiser from annoying the two, the two to stop attacking Bruiser, and Mantok's four kids to stop cheering for their dad!)

At some point, I had to intervene... Lesson No. 2: Do not use your arm as bait. Apparently, an angry doggy will likely bite on to it.

Which is what Huey did.. And can I say ouch? He didn't mean to do it. In fact, Huey got surprised when he saw his fangs buried on my hand. So for about five seconds, everyone stopped.. Until Bruiser saw Huey's fangs attached to my left hand and got angry at him! So again, I had to stop the rioting dogs! This time, Bruiser was attacking Huey..

In the end, I had to carry a forty-pound Bruiser back inside the house!

Lesson No. 3: Build another backyard just for Bruiser!