Pit Bulls Save Woman from Chow?!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Pit Bulls Save Woman from Chow?!!

Post by Roxana »

I just read this story on the MSN homepage and had to share. I'm more inclined to believe the Pit Bulls were intent on attacking the Chow more so than rescuing the woman but here is the story:

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Two dogs whose breed has a reputation for being mean played the roles of rescuers for a woman who was being attacked by another dog.

A red chow was on top of Angie Pecoraro, 22, in her yard on Monday when two pit bulls jumped over a fence and fought off the chow, Nebraska Humane Society spokeswoman Pam Wiese said.

Witnesses said the chow had bitten Pecoraro several times on her hands, arms and stomach, Wiese said.

An ambulance took Pecoraro to a hospital, where she was treated and released, Wiese said.

The Humane Society impounded the chow, and its owner was ticketed for not having the dog restrained and for harbouring a dangerous animal. It will be quarantined to make sure it doesn't have rabies, Wiese said.

Printer-friendly page
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Super Pit to the rescue

Post by Jeff&Peks »

You mean you don't believe that Super Pit flew through the air and over the fence to save a poor defenseless woman form the Vicious arch enemy Chowchow while she was out in the yard doing her gardening?

I saw that story the other day, there has to be way more to the story than what's being said.
Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

I saw this story too

Post by Shan&Kayla »

and there has to be more to it.....
Shann
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

.................yes well... :?
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
conch32003

The incident

Post by conch32003 »

Ok well come to think about it i'll beleive it. Well the peice about the pit bulls yes that to. The thing is fair is fair wat was those pit bulls were doing out of their yard also. To come to think about it as well with the pit bulls history is against them, the only reason why they went to help her is to fight that chow. Be honest for those who view this think about this.

Shane
Shan&Kayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Shan&Kayla »

The thing that bothers me about these kinds of stories in the news is that the so called "vicious" chow, rott, pit, dobe ...are always the ones that make the headlines. They never make a big story out of it when a lab attacks someone! And you can't tell me that never happens because a lab bit my cousin in the face, and she had to have surgery! It's always the story about certain breeds that make the headlines. I have a chow now, that is the sweetest, mellowest, most tolerant critter you will ever meet, and I have had a pit mix that was the BEST family pet ever. These two dogs have had kids crawling all over them and they would just wag their tails! and on the flip side my aunt has a great pyrinese (sp?) , which are supposed to awesome family dogs, and guess what? he can't be trusted at all. He snaps at people and barks at everyone.....so some breeds should have more care taken in thier training and socialization, but I don't see any breed as "vicious" on their own... And while I will not automaticly assume that the pitts in this story are mean or dangerous, I also agree that they were just jumping into the fight, not necesarily going to this ladies rescue. that's my rambling .02
-Shann
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Come to think about it

Post by Shane »

To all,

"Vicious" dogs, are they born or are they made. I have seen a german shepherd that look like he was a train for how big he was at a local dog show. A small cocker spaniel came (i think that was the breed) the only thing he did was smelled it and wagged it's tail abit. and went right back on the side of it's master. As I sat on the side of it, he showed no sign of aggression. When it was over i was going home and this little toy poodle snapped at this woman's heel as she passed by. I would assume that from the german shepherd. Behavior is also a hereditary trait both in humans and in animals. Some think that aggression in some breeds is hereditary. Well amybe but I say this to prove my final and last point, it is not the breed, but the people who owns the dog. It is a owners responsibility to socialize a dog. I have seen it with my own two eyes that even the dog with the worst rep. can be gentle. I will be honest that my eldest chow is aggressive towards strangers on his turf(but not in public, this is how I wanted him to be socialized). I have witnessed with my own two eyes, the neighbors kid (I live in apartment) came on our side of the yard, my eldest chow rushed at him stopped sniff and went back to lay down. I have noticed that all small children with my chow is reserve, while the youngest is playful.
So it is not a dogs fault but the owners.

Shane