Tango with the Trash Truck

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Tango with the Trash Truck

Post by TJordan »

Taking Butters for our walk. We notice a trash truck pass by about a block away. Butters isn't so fond of larger auto's. Anything bigger than a ford Ranger is the enemy. So he paused and watched it go by. We continue and round the corner and I hear the Beep, Beep, Beep of the trash truck in reverse. So I stay far enough away and wait for the truck to come out. Butters was not so crazy about this idea and instead opted to panic and try and rip my arm out of socket. After getting my finger free from the nouse he created with his leash and getting my knee back in place from 75lbs. of Chicken Chow ramming it at a high rate of speed I think we are going to be ok. The trash truck continues on around the corner. About five minutes later we round the corner to hear BEEP BEEP BEEP. OH Crap!! He turns into Pepe Le Pew (tail down, belly almost dragging the ground as he is trying to slink away). He decided this time to throw out a challenge as he is trying to hide behind me. He growls and barks like a vicious monster hiding behind my leg. Gotta love that Butters!!!

Needless to say it was a very exhausting walk!!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

lol how funny. I almost got drug up a tree after a squirrel the other day by 55 lbs of Chow...75lbs and I would be a goner! Trash trucks are so rude aren't they Butters...all that noise disturbing your peaceful walk!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

oh butters you silly.luna here.i am also scared of loud noises. thunder and motorcyles and ESPECIALLY fireworks.thank goodness 4th of july is still 6 months away. mommy gets mad when i pull and try to trip her. even though i am smaller than my lil bro biggie, i can still pull him and mommy back towards our house. :lol:
dont worry, that big bad trash truck cant get you. your parents would never let that happen.
my mommy says she would throw herself in front of one first to protect us.
chowlax my friend. sorry you were so scared.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Sorry about your finger and knee. It is so funny when the big bad chows act like tiny little chickens. I had a 70 lb little girl that was terrified of any dog a fraction of an inch bigger than her and would put her tail between her legs tuck her butt under and hide whimpering behind me.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hey Butters, Special D here. There must be a garbage truck epidemic going on. A few weeks ago, a similar thing happened to me. I hate the loud noises made by those things, well when it started backing up, I planted myself and needed to watch it leave. Only after I could no longer see it did I move.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

lol at Butters & Spesh, I'm thinking its a boy thing. Alf has taken to barking FURIOUSLY at ballons, snowmen, tractors from between my legs :roll: The tinsel left on someones mailbox the other day nearly finished him off.... :roll: :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Tell me about it, A few weeks ago a gate blew open and you have thought we were about to be murdered by his response. They are so silly!!

Spesh, we should totally gang up on those nasty trash trucks!!

Funny thing in his backyard he is brave and getting the trash truck but out in the open he was scurrying looking for places to hide!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

And I thought that JR was the biggest chicken pooh in all of chowdom..... Looks like he has lots of company!
Loud noises, trucks etc. However, thunder and fireworks frightens him to a point of hysteria. As much as I dont like it...I have to keep tranquilizer around for him. I have tried every homeopathic remedy there is and NOTHING works..even the ACE is hit and miss....and music and games don't help either I am at my wits end over July 4th and a lot of weekends that the fireworks on a roll...he tries to dig through furniture...I have thrown one couch already.

My heart goes out to all of you poor furballs that have such awful anxiety attacks ...it must be awful for them to act out so.

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
JH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JH »

Our puppy Ushi would definitely add his name to the petition banning trash trucks. It is literally the only thing that sends him into a major panic, though we have been working on it now for the last three weeks in a row--tomorrow will be week four. When he hears the trucks in the neighborhood, he bangs and scratches against the door to try to get back inside. I'm trying to get him acclimated to them by walking him through the neighborhood while they are all out making their rounds. He definitely protests and tries to fight it when we get close to them, but I keep him moving, and he is actually doing quite well with it now. What's so strange is that he is completely oblivious to planes, trucks, motorcycles, guns, fireworks, and other loud noises. It seems to be limited to the city's trash trucks--go figure...