Ginger is growing so big!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ginger is growing so big!

Post by coleywoley »

Ginger is huge. I think we might actually need to put her on a diet of some sort because she is quite a chubby butt. Anyway, yesterday I was straightening the living room and saw something on the floor. I picked it up and realized it was a tooth. I was grossed out for a second and then good a little weepy. Ginger is losing her baby teeth! I want to put in a keepsake box for her except I realized she will never care if she sees it when she gets older and its probably creepy to keep your puppies teeth in a box.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I don't think it's any creepier than keeping a human child's teeth in a box.
ImageImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I have a Millie tooth in her scrap book :D
Thank you Elodie!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Awwww, how much does she weigh now? They grow soooo fast!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

I found 5 of Shug's baby teeth and kept them all. One fell out in hubby's hand and one in my lap. The others I found on the floor because I was keeping a look-out for them. They go in his keepsake box along with first toys and collar, etc. I will do the same for Chloe provided I can find them when the time comes! :D
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I probably would have kept Butters teethies if I had found any. But we never saw any.
SweetPea Rocks!!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Keeping them seems reasonable to me. I never found any of Chana's or Tasha's either now that I think about it.
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

I feel less freakish now. I'm gonna put hers in my scrapbook. I've been obsessively trying to check her mouth since I found it-she doesn't love that.

She weighs 36.8 pounds. I think she steals food from Bel and Max which isn't good. I haven't seen her do it yet though, she's sneaky! I'm gonna have to adjust how we feed them so she gets only her puppy chow and only what she's supposed to get.

**Edited so no one thinks my chow is mutant, I prefer the term mixed myself :wink:
Last edited by coleywoley on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

coleywoley wrote: She weighs 136.8 pounds.
really, really hoping that 1 was a typo.....If not, you have a mutant Chow!
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Aww how cute, I bet ginger will continue to grow more beautiful as she gets bigger. I am not sure what mix she is but her weight doesn't seem out of line. Maxwell is 72 pounds.

David
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I can't remember how
old Ginger is. Sullivan
was 37 pounds and almost
skin and bones when we
got her at 6 months. I
don't have any teeth, but
Sullivan does have a scrapbook.
Do I have a scrapbook for the
boys -- of course not, you
always go crazy taking pictures
of the first, then less ... and
less......
courtsey of Sweetpea
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

How old is Ginger now or did I miss that somewhere,,,, ok its early not awake yet?? Time sure flys, guess I have her stuck in lil' puppy mode :? I only found 1 fang of Kearra's and Kyra's by stepping on it....OUCH,,,Ya know, everyone has said that Kyra is chunky.....I think Chows come in such a wide array of sizes its hard to tell how big they are supposed to be exactly......Kearra is on the sm side and Kyra is on the big side.....my dh calls Kyra fat butt.....I don't find her fat at all, just a bigger girl. With a mix I guess, you just have to wait and see how they turn out, no way of knowing.....Kearra weighed 34 at around 6 mos. and pretty much still does
Kyra is 10 mos and she weighed 50 last month haven't weighed her in a while....I'm sure she probably is around 55....not fat just BIG BONE-DID :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I don't think saving their teeth is creepy.I've got every tooth I've ever found from eveyone of my puppies.I put them in a little box with a label(whose teeth are whose).and it makes me smile when I come across that little box in my drawer.
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Ginger is only four and a half monthes old...we got her in October and she was two monthes old then. I think my math is right. Wow she seems so much older like sh'e been here forever. She is stocky and short but I am afraid her curves are a little bit more voluptious (spelling?) than what they should be. You can feel the ardness of her ribcage area but not really her ribcage...theres a nice thick layer of insulation over it. Shes so pretty though and looks at me with her little foxy face and her one ear up and I just melt...as I type that the little vixen has started chewing on the coffee table!!
I am picture obsessive in general but it seems like I take more pictures og Bel then anyone. Ginger never wants to cooperate and Bel just stays in the exact same place and doesn't move.