We're getting nuttin' for Christmas

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

We're getting nuttin' for Christmas

Post by WildThings »

Santy Paws is not going to bring Tess, Fi, and Tacia any presents this year...basically because they already got into the presents and ATE them. I got them each a Bully Stick (because I found out last week they really like them) and each a hard, dried sausage thing. I gave each one of them one sausage thing then put everything else in the bag. Fifteen minutes later Fi comes walking through the room with a bully stick hanging out of her mouth, went in to get the bag before they got anything else out...well Tacia had already eaten two of the other sausage things and was starting on the 3rd...so Santy Paws is not going to come and visit now.

Actually, they do have a bully stick to keep them busy Christmas Day when we have a very full house and Fi got a fleece ball, but Santy Paws shouldn't come :roll:
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Amanda,

the best Christmas present that your crew got was living in your house. But I do think that it is funny that they got into their presents and ate them.

Sharon, JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Aw, Santy Paws doesn't come bring gifts for naughty chow chows....hear that Mia. LOL!
Mia
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Henry saw me wrapping 2 doggy biscuits for a friends dogs and noticed there was still one left. he followed me to where I put the 'spare' one and tried telling me it was for him - he is right it is for him but santy paws has to bring it - along with all the other toys and treats he's getting! He's going to be one spoilt furkid I tell you.

It's so funny Tess,Fi and Tacia tag teamed to get their paws on their yummies though!
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Re: "they already got into the presents and ATE them."

Chows are Buddhists. They live in the 'present' moment. :wink:
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

kiwani wrote: Chows are Buddhists. They live in the 'present' moment. :wink:
I LOVE it! That is so Holden.
ImageImageImage
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

lol bad kiddies! I hid the presents in my closet because I knew nosey little noses would be all over those bags.
Santy Paws just came early to your house that's all.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Silly kids, they have no concept of Christmas and waiting. I am glad you stashed some separately.

Dogdad
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I posted under Vicki's
"Trouble Down Here"
thread about Sullivan
and her Christmas
treats. It's not
going to be pretty.
If she wasn't sick,
I don't think Santa
would be bringing
anything.
courtsey of Sweetpea
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

That is HILARIOUS! Those bully sticks are the BOMB. Poe used to go crazy for them. He would move heaven & earth til I gave him one. Kept him busy for hours!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Whats a bully stick? Pekoe dosn't like toys or treats so I got her 2 beef ribs for Christmas dinner. The only treats she will eat are frosty Paws and those Oreo cookies from pet-co.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

I've never heard of bully sticks, either.
ImageImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Me either... :?

Jess
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

I'm not sure what part of the cow they are made of :roll: but I heard people talking about bully stix so I got a few and Kai is crazy over them and Miss Chyna could care less :?
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
AlwaysTango
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by AlwaysTango »

I heard that they were made from the um *cough* bull parts, but I don't know if that is true. My Tango loved them, but they creep me out and I think they stink. Oh well, if the dogs love them, that's all that matters!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

thats what I heard too,but I didn't know if it were true :(
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

My chowbrat got into his stuff early, too. I got it back from him and Santa is bringing it back to him tonight.

Brandon is getting pigs ears, two new toys (one of which he has already had - got it out of the bag) and a case of chicken snack treats (will last him all year, probably)

I found a real nice Christmas stocking in the shape of a dog paw (huge foot, looks like a chow paw) at a yard sale for a quarter. That's what he has up for Santa to put his stuff in.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Well, Santy Paws will still be coming because they are just too cute to not visit. Fi is really worried about the human Santa Claus because she doesn't want some strange man coming in her house, but I assured her Santa Claus would not disrupt her beauty sleep.

On the subject of bully sticks, they are in fact bull penises...well, the higher quality one's are. I have yet to see a dog turn them down. Mine do not like busy chew treat at all, but they will chew on these for hours. I had been refusing to buy them for a long time, the idea of them is just gross, but I was looking for a good tasting treat for them since I'm out of town all week and Fi kind of freaks out with me being gone, so I come home with presents. Since they seem to really like them, and I found a pet store in Columbus that sells free range, grass fed beef products, they get them from time to time.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

WildThings wrote:On the subject of bully sticks, they are in fact bull penises...well, the higher quality one's are.
How do you know which one's are high quality penises, being Pekoe's dad and all I have to make sure she gets the highest quality penises she can get.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

Soph helped the furkids get into their presents early.

You are right to be worried Jeff quality penises are in fact hard to find.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Oh boy. I don't think I could buy Holden one of those :|
ImageImageImage
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Jeff&Peks wrote:
WildThings wrote:On the subject of bully sticks, they are in fact bull penises...well, the higher quality one's are.
How do you know which one's are high quality penises, being Pekoe's dad and all I have to make sure she gets the highest quality penises she can get.
LOL Jeff. It involves crawling around in cow patty covered pastures and keeping an eye out for which bulls the cows are all giving goo-goo eyes to. :D
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Oh lordy that must be why the darn things are so expensive and yuckkkkkk my two will just have to do without that as a treat. Although the look on my hubbys face as he watched them chew on one while I told him what it was might be worth a bit of yuck. :lol:
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

LOL! Only the finest in bull penises for our Chows.

The thought of what they are is gross, and they do smell really bad, but my girls love them.
So I will continue to treat them from time to time. Not often though.
These bull sticks are high in fat content.
~ Sally