Rank 3
Rank 3

Crazy in Alabama

Post by bama »

Don't read this if you are sqirmish.
Maybe, it's the phase of the moon, but
there are some strange things happening
here in Alabama.

1) Last Saturday, at the Iron Bowl (football)
Auburn vs Alabama...a dog bit one an Auburn
player in the end zone!
It was a GSD security dog, sitting too close
to the boundary line. The player is ok, he was
bit on the hand.

Two days ago....In Calhoun County, a poor little Beagle was skinned alive by some sicko.
Annie (the Beagle) and was taken from her home,
along with her companion (another Beagle).
It was done by someone who is a professional!
Annie had to be put down, due to pain.
The companion made it home with a slit throat, and
will survive.
The story has outraged Alabamians!
There is a reward for tips leading to an arrest.
Anyone interested in donating can go to:

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/

**cut and paste web address, sorry.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Oh my Gosh...
What the heck is happening to people. I watched a documentary special on PETA recently and thought they were a little radical. Maybe not...
Mia
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Yep, people are always down on PETA untill needed. When it comes to animal abuse there isn't enough radical groups nor radical enough.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Exactly what Jeff said!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Ugh...don't watch it.

They were doing an hidden camera expose on Butterball Turkey (ConAgra) and they taped people torturing and (for want of another way to say this) doing strange *Censored Word* things with the turkeys.

Needless to say, "GO PETA!"

And, needless to say, I ate veggies for Thanksgiving!
Mia
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

I've never cared for turkey! I can't believe how cruel people are. I kinda wish I had skipped over this post-it just breaks my heart and makes me so angry that someone could be so cruel to poor little animals.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

oh that is sick. I hope they catch the #!@&(* and severly punish him. Those poor dogs.

David
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

OMG that is so awful. :( :(
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Watched the PETA documentary too... poor turkeys... :shock:

Don't know what's going on with people these days. Maybe it's development of media tech, or more investigative new coverage, but there's much more sick and bewildering news nowadays!!

Sometimes I just wish there was a news channel focused on good positive things, so we could turn to that and be encouraged after reading something like poor Annie's story. That's just the optimist in me...
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

puddinglove wrote:

Sometimes I just wish there was a news channel focused on good positive things, so we could turn to that and be encouraged after reading something like poor Annie's story. That's just the optimist in me...
I think this is the biggest appeal of ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It's a chance to see that there are still some good people in the world who are trying to make the world a better place to live for everyone.

Did anyone else see the episode where they built a new house for the family that did animal rescue? They built them a huge new barn for rescued horses and the house had rooms just for rescue work. It was so cool.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

That is so friggin' awful! Why in the world would somebody do something like that?? I will never understand the sickness in this world. :cry:

On a related note to the football player who got bit: My DH has a friend who's a paramedic with the city here. Last weekend they got a call involving a guy who was on the run from the police and was apprehended by the police dog. Anyway, to make a long, gruesome story short, they had to take the guy to the ER as the police dog had bitten the end of his "you-know-what" right off! :shock: :shock: Moral of the story: do not try to run from the police.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

That is just sick. Some people just should not be allowed to be on the same planet with the rest of us.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

No, it isn't pretty, nor is it positive news.
However, we can't stick our heads in the sand
as if nothing was going on.
Being informed is what creates movements for change.
These sorts of news stories, turn my stomach,
but they also put a fire under my butt to be
a stronger advocate for animal rights.

Remember there is a link at the bottom
of the first post for anyone who is moved
to make a donation, helping to solve the crime.
Public interest in this case has already brought
social awareness to create stronger animal cruelty laws
in our state.
That, my friends is positive news.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Well put, Bama!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Yeah guys, I am sorry I shared that. I shouldn't have... it was gross and really not something anyone wanted to hear about. But, in my defense, I was shocked. It has been on my mind and I can't seem to get it off.

I help at a small dog rescue and am constantly amazed at what humans do. (I refuse to call them animals, because no animal I know is that cruel.)

And, Bama, you are right. As much as I don't want to hear about this kind of cruelty, it really does stoke me to do something about it. It makes me angry enough to be determined to something about it. Not only with money, but with time and volunteering.

And, I want more people to know what's going on and put a stop to it. I would like to hope that the majority of people are not that cruel and will not tolerate what people do to torture animals.
Mia
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Yeah guys, I am sorry I shared that. I shouldn't have... it was gross and really not something anyone wanted to hear about. But, in my defense, I was shocked. It has been on my mind and I can't seem to get it off.

I help at a small dog rescue and am constantly amazed at what humans do. (I refuse to call them animals, because no animal I know is that cruel.)

And, Bama, you are right. As much as I don't want to hear about this kind of cruelty, it really does stoke me to do something about it. It makes me angry enough to be determined to something about it. Not only with money, but with time and volunteering.

And, I want more people to know what's going on and put a stop to it. I would like to hope that the majority of people are not that cruel and will not tolerate what people do to torture animals.
Mia