What's your chows favourite people food?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Now i know most of us try not give our chowdren people food, but i'm sure there is some type of people food that the chows will do anything to get a piece of.

Gabbana LOVES digestive cookies and anything that is bread. Everytime I open a box of digestive cookies she goes nuts and will run to me no matter what she is doing. Tonight I was eating bruschetta on my bed (yeah yeah i live alone LOL) and she would paw my hand closer to her to she can get the bread... and sometimes she SITs on me for the digestive cookies... I should mention that she has frequently rejected steak and lobster that has been offered to her.

ImageImage
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Mr. N LOVES cheese while Shiloh loves chicken.
Seems like I'm always preparing something with cheese and Mr.N will "assume the position" by leaning up against the counter and stare at me with those beautiful big brown eyes.
Shiloh is much more animated and will hop/bounce around in circles for a piece of chicken.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
CloudeSkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CloudeSkie »

FISH! 8) It is the part of her diet almost always - since she will not eat her dry kibble without anything on top of it. We tried almost everything safe that we could put on top of her dog food, but fish, as soon as she smells we're cooking fish, it seems like she hasn't eaten for days and is alwys hungry for more. Though she likes chicken too, we don't give it often cuz she's a bit allergic to it.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

LOL, Alf hasn't meet any food he doesn't like yet :D

Millie loves griddled salmon & hot chicken. She does her happy happy treat dance for it. SO cute she gets it :D

Milo, he LOVED cheese.
Thank you Elodie!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I can't think of too much that JR and Cheyenne don't like...they are always grunting when I am eating...but they do go off the wall for sardines in water. The bones and skin are good for them.
They get 2 helpings a week on their food. I wash them off so that they don't get any added sodium etc.
However, when I eat them once in awhile I am picky and only eat the skinless, boneless kind in olive oil..and when I do I hear lots of snorts and huffs going on next to me...so they usually get a taste of them also and the oil!!!

Oh, how I used to love digestive biscuits, however, I watch what I eat as far as fats and sodium...so they had to go out the door for me....too bad...they are great tea and coffee dunkers!
And now I can eat anything that I want on the bed and whenever I want...not that it really ever stopped me before!

Sharon and the sardine breath monsters

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Wilbur absolutely looooooves roast chicken. Rowlee used to love it too but he also absolutely loved spagetti bolognaise (without the onion of course) and icecream!!

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

The only people food I have seen Ginger scarf down was a banana. I try to keep her away from the people food since its not great for them and I don't want her to be like Max who follows us into the kitchen sits staring while we make food, sollows us out of the kitchen stares while we eat the food, and then follows the empty plate back to the kitchen. Soph however is not so accepting of the don't give the dogs your food rule. Normally I make Ginger go outside while soph is eating because she leans over one side of her high chair, yells for the dogs and drops part of her yummy meal down, She calls it sharing! :lol: Can't fault her logic I guess.
Anyway the other day she had a banana and was walking around eating it. Ginger came close so Soph decided to share. Ginger ate all that she could down to where the peel was at while soph said good girl good doggie and pat her head. It was too cute.

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel love cheese and chicken. They also love cake - they don't get it very often - only when Fred thinks I am not looking and he sneaks them a bit!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Chicken, Beef, fish, Italian food,(anykind) cheese and any half eaten food left in a wrapper but it has to be in a trash can or tossed in a bush or laying in the gutter yet will turn away and refuse to eat anything that is offered to her. Ghetto Chow all the way. Pekoe gets no Human food at all so thats why she hangs out by the park trash cans.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

People food my chow likes and wants and what she gets are two different things. Mikki gets 3tspn of plain yogurt, rye bread crust with butter and jam, sardines and every kind of fish. Whatever food is healthy for me, she gets tidbits of it. Unhealthy food I eat by myself.

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I don't think the kids have an all-time favorite big people food, but let's see...

Ming will do most anything for a carrot. He also will not eat his dry food without a dollop of fat-free cottage cheese on top. Tempest would literally kill for boiled chicken breast, and she'll tolerate a carrot (likely just to keep Ming from eating it). When we have steaks, I put the juice over their dry food and, boy, does that dry food disappear!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Both love peanut butter, meat and ice cream. Yoshi likes corn and cucumber, Maxwell does not.

David
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Pudding love love loves fish of any kind, and softer fruits and vegetables. She loves ripe bananas and baked sweet potato. She'll sit and look cute in a corner of the kitchen while I cook and sit quite close to us while we're eating. She's learned not to beg, thank goodness, smart chow knows that will get her nowhere.
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Firesong...any kind of meat, chees, yogurt, cottage cheese, or the juice from where I've cooked meat, oh yeah, eggs and fish of any kind, peanut butter.

Dreamdancer all of the above, PLUS ice-cream, chocolate, (no I don't give him any, I almost have to leave the room if I'm eating it though) Mincemeat pie, (he's been a pain about it since Thanksgiving, and no he hasn't had any of it either, but he almost crawled into my lap last night for some).

Oh and and I sometimes get cracklin' and share it with them...it's not good for any of us, so it's a rare treat and I eat most of it....

And I'll let all the southerners explain to the others what cracklin' is....
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Wollfie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Wollfie »

Wolfies' and Zoes' all time favorite is Velvetta cheese. Next is teriyaki pork tenderloin roast, followed closely by stuffed (cheese) shells or lasagna.
ImageImage
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

any kind of meat,but especially strong smelling stuff like bacon and ham (they only get a crumb) and parmezan cheese.
Ice cream,cheese,pasta,their bit of egg in the morning(neither the poodles nor the chows touch their own food before they have had their egg appetizer when we have breakfast,which is never before noon,isn't that weird?)
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I am not sure yet about food, everything except carrots probably, but Buddha accidently got into a glass of beer my husband was drinking, and he will do ANYTHING to get some LOL
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Oh I forgot, gravy. If you put it on any type of food, Rowlee used to scoff the lot and lick and lick the bowl for about 10 minutes after. Wilbur also loves sardines.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
chris

Post by chris »

CHEESE!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

French fries for Holden. Followed probably by spaghetti. But he will eat practically anything you'd offer him. Even if he doesn't like it, he'll take it from you.
ImageImageImage
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Veggies? Gabbana always smells them out of curiosity cause she thinks it's something good and then snubbs her nose at it... although this is coming from a dog that refused steak and lobster... what a weirdo..

She does like cheese and peanut butter... but crackers and breads are where it's at... her and I soon will need to watch what we eat too if cracker love continues :shock: ...
ImageImage
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Watermelon, apples and cheese. For a few of them us if we do not pull our fingers back :lol:

Larry
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

OK, someone mentioned beer, so I can admit that Ming loves white wine. We don't give him any, but we did learn from experience when, as a puppy, we (OK, I) left a goblet of Sauvignon Blanc on the coffee table in the great room and Ming's tongue went all the way to the bottom of that goblet and drank the entire thing. Since then, he'll follow you anywhere if you're carrying a glass of white wine. We always have to tell people not to set their goblets down, even on the lanai, or he'll come up and try to drink it. He won't bother you for red, though...
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Tess's is definitely cheese. Most kinds, but she really likes that fake American cheese stuff.

Zoe looooooved beer. She'd go nuts just hearing the can be cracked open.

Amanda will have to tell you what Fiona's is. I'm usually doing good to get her to take a training treat from me.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

Milo loves steak. John started it. First food he got here. He also loves turkey, not so much from the Deli, but the one you cook. And he loves Roasted Chicken.
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!