Chow Rescue Youtube Video

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chow Rescue Youtube Video

Post by ciaobella »

I wanted to share this video with everyone here to show my thanks to those who have adopted a rescue, aided others in rescuing a chow, or otherwise contributed to chow rescue. I made the video and Layla was kind enough to upload it to youtube for me... I have dial-up and wasn't having much luck loading it myself. Thank you, Layla!

I hope others will see this, too, and consider adopting a rescue chow.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9ru0gpaqc

Please don't think that I don't care about you or your chow if you don't see yours here, it was a matter of finding higher resolution pictures, and we don't always think of doing that when posting a photo.

I have two high quality mpegs of this video loaded here:
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=9706162 35.4MB
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=9742879 82 MB

if anyone wants to download either to burn to disc. I would be interested to see if anyone else can, Layla couldn't, these file sharing sites seem not to be all that reliable.

(edited to replace wrong file #)
Last edited by ciaobella on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I love it, I was actually working on the same thing and almost all the same pictures. I was using Eric Clapton's song, "No body wants you when your down" except a slower version by a female, My lead in Chow was the black euthanized one you used, I consider him/her my Poster Chow. Nice work.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

thanks, Jeff, I did notice that you never delete pictures of the rescue chows from your photo hosting site, they have stayed in the threads where you had posted them. Could not have done it without you, you old softie
Last edited by ciaobella on Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Darn you two, I am in tears, It just breaks my heart, even though some in the video are now safe, so many more aren't thank you so much for creating this, I hope it touches others into action

David
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

ciaobella wrote:thanks, Jeff, I did notice that you never delete pictures of the rescue chows from your photo hosting site, they have stayed in the threads where you had posted them. Could not have done it without you, you old softie
Opps I just did delete alot of them the other night but I have them all on file.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Larry Harris
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Larry Harris »

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I loved this... Still can't get through it without sobbing my heart out though. Amazing work Sandy.
Thank you Elodie!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Beautiful. And thanks for making me cry, dangit.
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

That is a tear-jerker of a video...very moving. I hope many more see this.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sandy, that was so amazing. Thank you so much for making that video. I'm sobbing of course. I'm going to go squish Special now.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Sandy (and Layla)

Thank you VERY MUCH!

We're so moved... [:D]
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Had to give Pudding a hug after watching that. I think they should make people who buy dogs watch something like that before they take a puppy home.
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Wow! I'm practically speechless and anyone who knows me will tell you that never happens. I guess I must have been overdue for a good cry because I certainly had one.

I had just been annoyed with my two rescues because they were both wanting to be petted at the same time and were trying to push each other away from me. After watching this I hugged them both, holding one in each arm. Thank you for helping me gain some needed perspective at the end of a long day. I hope many view the video and it touches some who will join in the rescue effort.

Gratefully,
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Well, I'm glad everyone liked it. I would ordinarily apologize for making everyone cry, but it was intended to touch the heart, so I guess I really can't do that. Oh well, a good cry is good for the soul.

I hope visitors and those interested in having a chow will be encouraged to visit the chows in need section of this site. Having a chow that has been neglected or abused is like having a chowling in an adult's body, it's such a joy to watch them experience the richness of life for the first time.

Anyone, though, who is giving a chow a good home no matter where they came from is on my list of the good guys, because so many of these chows are abandoned because the owners lack the patience and understanding that it takes to raise a chow. I tend to think of it as a preemptive rescue, it's just appalling how many are taken to a shelter just for being a chow.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Wow....I'm crying like a baby!!!
Mark and I watched this together,
we are so moved!
Excellent photos, timing, and music.
Thanks for so much for devoting your
time for a most wonderful production.

Great job Ciabella and Layla!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Piff Poff
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Piff Poff »

Wow - the tears started with the gorgeous black euthanized furkid - couldn't watch all the way through but it was lovely.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Wonderful job, Sandy. I hope alot of people see it.
courtsey of Sweetpea
coleywoley
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by coleywoley »

That was beautiful. The tears are still running down my face. Thank you!

Thank you so much sweetpea you are wonderful!!!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

I replaced the link for the ipod sized version in the OP :
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=9706162

loaded the wrong file, sorry about that. :oops:
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chowchowdaddy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowchowdaddy »

I refuse to watch this in the office!!! I'm going home in awhile and watch it with Ming and Tempest as I know I'm going to cry. Everyone here in my office (thank Heavens for office doors) wonders why I burst into tears periodically, but anyone who has ever had and lost a chowkid knows... :cry:
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I left a comment on the site, my name there is Nightcloud. As always this broke my heart and made me sad too, I wish I could have 4 or six or even more chow kids...Firesong and Dreamdancer just think mom's being weird again, (yup they got squished!)
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
CloudeSkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CloudeSkie »

Thanks ciaobella! really touching... after watching it, I can't help myself but think of what ifs for Yumi's future. But I sure know that I will never give her up at any point in my life.

I would like to repost it in a group I'm at and post it in my profile as well, if it would be ok?

Thanks in advance! :D
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Yes, that is perfectly fine with me. In fact, the more people who see it, the better. Larry has linked it to his rescue site, and anyone else who wants to do that or to cross post, by all means do so.

Don't feel bad about crying, I did it many times while making it, and I swear, every chow looked like Sophie at one point or another while I was putting it together.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
chris

Post by chris »

:shock: saw part of it... I can't finnish! :cry:
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

[:D] , Chris. I know how tender hearted you are, and how much you want to foster. You will have a house and a big yard someday and many rescues. My prediction. Watch the video, the tears will clear all the turkey residue out of your system.

Victory, I didn't see your comment, but I did see that someone favorited the video, thanks.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie