Buyer beware

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ksalbright3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Buyer beware

Post by ksalbright3 »

There is a chow breeder and show person in Indiana that sells sick puppies~ our little girl that we bought from this woman didn't make it to 4 years old. We were CRUSHED and miss her soooo much. I have written the breeder, the AKC (twice) and the Chow Club. Everyone ignores me. If any one would like more information, please reply.
Kathy in Savannah
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I'm sorry to hear about your Chow Girl :cry:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Just go ahead and share the breeder's name on this thread. It could be useful to someone in the future. And allow that individual to research and check them out on their own.
Sy's Mom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Keep it up.

Post by Sy's Mom »

I would keep sending your requests...keep calling, keep bothering them...It's easier to be swept under the rug but if you keep it up, someone is bound to listen. Don't give up. I went thru the same thing with a "Family Day Petting Zoo" in our city. It took months and months but finally someone listened.

Don't Give up!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

I say keep up your fight as well. Also, you might as well out the sorry breeders, why do them a favor and keep their name hush hush!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
ksalbright3
Rank 0
Rank 0

buyer beware

Post by ksalbright3 »

Thank you everyone for your reply and sympathy~ Chow owners are the BEST! We bought this champion sired female from Dee Pearson of Kainin Chows in Indiana as a "pet quality" because she had an overbite. Three days after bringing her home she developed very heavy breathing, eye secretions and ear problems. I called Dee immediately and she said, "all my dogs are heavy breathers and the eye problem is from the gravel dust in our kennels". We took her to the vet and for the next 3 1/2 years kept her on eye and ear meds. Unfortunatley no vet ever wanted to X-ray her. On August 12, 2007, she became very ill gasping for air and would yelp when she tried to lay down. After rushing her to the vet and x-rays, her diaphram was all the way to the left of her body instead of evenly placed on each side and she had a hard tumor is her lungs. On August 13th she was euthanized in my arms at only 3 1/2 years old. The Dam was Mister Bears Kainins Kishna and the Sire is Mei-Lings Deal Me In. Thanks again for your compassion.
Kathy in Savannah
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

When I first read your story I though right away of Khon who had breathing problems and passed away young. I just saw in the memorial section that your girl was related to Khon. I wonder if he may have had the same thing wrong with him. If so, it is just awful that a breeder would continue to breed knowing that this is happening to the poor chows.
ksalbright3
Rank 0
Rank 0

Khon and San (brother and sister)

Post by ksalbright3 »

The same person that told me that she thought San & Khon were littermates also told me that this breeder developed a brain tumor, closed her kennels and place all of her dogs. That made me mad~ as I had contacted her several times that she owed me a healthy dog/puppy and as usual, she ignored me. I should have been one of the first ones contacted and the owners of Khon should have been contacted also to see if we wanted any of the dogs. I don't like to hear of anyones health misfortune but usually karma catches us all. I am sure that it probably was the same problem for both of our babies. Sometimes in the night I would hear her stop breathing and would turn her head and pull one of her back legs out and she would breath easier. It got worst towards the end but she was that way from the third day that we got her. It was just as the tumor grew larger it was collapsing her trachia.
Kathy in Savannah