Introducing myself!!!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Petra
Rank 0
Rank 0

Introducing myself!!!

Post by Petra »

Hi everybody. I just found this site today and love it!
My name is Petra and my husband and I have a darling 2 year old Chow named Soo Shee. We love chows so much that we would like to get her a sibling.
Here is our dilema - we would like to get another girl. But I read that chows can be agressive with dogs of same *Censored Word*. Anybody has any suggestions? Soo Shee gets along great with our friends' girl dogs (lab, mix)
Thanks
Petra, Soo Shee and Meeko
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Welcome Petra & Soo Shee!

Hopefully, others will be around soon to answer your question.
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Hello Petra & Welcome!

I just wanted to say what an adorable picture of Soo-Shee! Sooo adorable! As for bringing in a sibling, I'm not much help there as my Dakota is an only child :lol: However, there are many people on this site with more than 1 Chow who could probably help. Judy has the beautiful Milly & Mable who are 2 females (although they are sisters though). I'm sure you'll receive plenty of helpful advice here.
Roxana & Dakota
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Great Picture

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Love that Picture, show that to the Chow blacklist people, oh those vicious Chows
Petra
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Petra »

Thank you all for your responses.
My husband and I will be picking up a new addition to our family and a little sister for Soo Shee the last weekend of the month. We are so excited!!!
Petra, Soo Shee and Meeko

Post by Guest »

Welcome to this site Petra and soon to be 2 Chows. I have had 2 male Chows together and they did very well so don't worry too much about the same *Censored Word* aggressiveness. I bet you are so very excited about getting your 2nd chow. Mine have both been so amazing for me...I wish I could get another; I will, but the timing is not right now..
anyway... congratulations and let us know how things go with the new little chowling!
Debbie and Bones :mrgreen:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Petra :) I love the picture of Soo Shee. Regarding two chow girls being kept together - I have Milly and Mabel. They are litter sisters but we did not bring them home at the same time. Milly came to live with us when she was six weeks old, they when she was six months old, we found out that her litter sister was living with their sire's people and wanted to find a home for them. We bought her and when we went to bring her home, we took Milly and I believe they remembered each other and have been inseparable since.
They are now four and a half years old.
We have never had any trouble with them and I suggest you take a positive attitude about the whole thing. Don't 'expect' trouble - we were warned that two bitches would never get on - but we thought positive - assumed they would get on.
If there is a little problem, just put your foot down, with a firm hand, so to speak! :lol: Lay down the ground rules and expect them to be obeyed. Chows, as you know doubt know, are very intelligent and will very quickly see how it is going to be.
Whatever Soo Shee has in the way of toys, blanket, food bowl etc. provide for the new baby.
I look forward to hearing your news.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)