Its been a few days & looking for a chowgirl needing a m

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Patti, I do so hope you find your new baby soon - I get so excited when I hear this sort of news - I get so impatient for news! :lol:
And as for them helping you with transport - their network is awesome, believe me. I sit here on The Island, so proud of them and wishing so badly I could be part of it. They are brilliant at it! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Yup, EXACTLY what Lise and Judy said!!! The People on this site are AWSOME!!!

Thanks Sweetpea!
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Patti, this beauty is from Ontario. We know Monica. She's Frodo and Miss Kira's mom and is one of the *oldies* of this site. So if this lovely one catches your heart, tell us how we can help you. Here you go, take a look... http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8906039
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

WOW!!! THATS ONE PRETTY CHOW GIRL!!! :inlove:
Zhuyos Mom.......if I were looking I would have to go and win that Chow Girl over :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
Lise Carreno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lise Carreno »

Oooo Piper is just adowable.

I just can't keep looking at the sites in this thread that you all are posting. Here I am, a newbie, just treading water...no...I can't look. I can't even think about it.

Oooo but, Piper is just looking for someone to get past that crusty, chow exterior.

No, I am not looking. NO.
Mia
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

Do what you gotta do. I'm registered on petfinder so whenever a female adult chow comes up I get an e-mail. Even though I'm in Ohio, and they list the Ohio chows first, they are listed from all over the country.

Sounds like Piper could be a hit? You can also registered at Petfinder and sign up for their email alerts too. I'm sure you're learning, it is a very supportive bunch here!
courtsey of Sweetpea
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for sending me such beautiful babies to look at. I am doing more looking for a new chowbaby than working it seems.

Thanks again to all!
Last edited by mrstu on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patti, Mrs. Tu, Kirby, Sophia and Maggie's mommy

Another beautiful banner courtesy of Sweetpea...
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

patti,
he is a beauty!I always like to have a boy and a girl.my boys have always seem to have more energy and we love to walk.I think my boys have also been more affectionate.its hard to choose,girl or boy? maybe you could meet him.
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I guess I'm a little partial to girls, but then I have more boys than girls (though mostly so Sullivan could have a male harem).

I'm computer dumb so I couldn't open that photobucket site, but I'm sure you've found a winner.

The difference between boys and girls, Patti, is that boys lift their legs and girls squat #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: Although, I've learned from this site, that can depend on when they are neutered.

I've heard boys are easier to train than girls, but maybe that's because we women are smarter! :wink: :lol:

Keep us posted, and you know I'll be happy to help anyway you need. Debbie
courtsey of Sweetpea
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=3693741

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8247655

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... id=8235604

Just a few from my area! The last one is further south but the first two are very close to me. I'd be happy to bring one of them down to Columbus for you!
I think I've also seen Katie at the rescue in Columbus and she is beautiful. Looks like Tess. Good luck and I know you'll find the perfect new friend for you.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

Unless you'd like to adopt a beautiful cream chow chow boy, (as it happens, I know where to get one of those :biggergrin: ), my vote for new best friend for Mrs. Tu's mom is Bama's little black girl. She has the smoochiest face, and of course, I am DYING to sniff her feetsies!

But that's just me.... :-)
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
pfordeb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pfordeb »

I was just on petfinder and there was the cutest baby chow/border collie girl named Noel -- looks mostly like a black chow baby. She's at the Perry County Ohio Shelter in New Lexington, Ohio.
courtsey of Sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Hey Renae, all three of yours were in my second post. Wierd, huh?
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

GREAT MINDS think alike :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

I'm not sure if Chessie at Animal Friends Humane Society in Trenton, OH is on your list yet, but she is a black female about a year old according to her listing info, and a real cutie from her picture. Good Hunting. :D
Yet another Sweetpea masterpiece
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

zingara_princepessa wrote: and of course, I am DYING to sniff her feetsies!

But that's just me.... :-)
Oh thank GOD I'm not the only one!!!! What is it about those Chow feeties that just beg to be sniffed?! I smooch Simon's too. He has resigned himself to his lot in life of being cuddly. :oops:
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

How weird is it -- I love to sniff their feetsies too but even more, I love to sniff their ears --I guess I am weirder than all the rest of you.

mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Well, I think I have found my new chowbaby -- that is of course if he wants me as his mommy. He is in a rescue and was in a shelter I believe. I do not have a lot of history on him except that he is a young guy that is really needing a new mommy. See picture..

j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

mrstu wrote:How weird is it -- I love to sniff their feetsies too but even more, I love to sniff their ears --I guess I am weirder than all the rest of you.

Nope... you just thought of it before the rest of us! You're a TRAIL BLAZER!!! As soon as I get home from work those ears are getting a once over!
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

I think I did this right..

j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

mrstu wrote:Well, I think I have found my new chowbaby -- that is of course if he wants me as his mommy. He is in a rescue and was in a shelter I believe. I do not have a lot of history on him except that he is a young guy that is really needing a new mommy. See picture..

Oh congratulations!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :-) Get a good whiff of feets & ears... and you'll know if its right! ;-)
mrstu
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mrstu »

Their ears, feetsies and even bellies have the best smells. Now that I am getting a boy baby, I am gonna have to watch out for the belly kisses.

j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

mrstu wrote:Their ears, feetsies and even bellies have the best smells. Now that I am getting a boy baby, I am gonna have to watch out for the belly kisses.

ROFLMAO!!!!! Yea... that could go bad REAL quick! :laughloud:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

What a beautiful black female! He looks young, or he has really good pigmentation, or both. If he is at the shelter, he may not smell the best...you might want to hold off on that sniffing. I hope it works out for you. He may indicate he likes you by snubbing you, so don't worry about that, you're a shoe-in! He really is quite a catch.

I re-read your post...duh. He might be sniffable, if he is in rescue...hehe.
Last edited by Auddymay on Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.