Sit command, Like Chows don't know it.

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Sit command, Like Chows don't know it.

Post by Jeff&Peks »

It has been at least 8 years since I have told Pekoe to sit or have ever said any dog talk command to her but tonight I was eating chicken, Pekoe comes running down the hallway sliding all over the hard wood floor thinking going to get some of that so she's standing there staring at me with that Chow look. I look at her and say ok Peks sit, she looks and me and backs off looks at me like, what, are you crazy, I say sit, she looks around and thinks some more, like yeah right, I say sit again, she looks the other way then puts her butt on the ground real fast and stands up like ok you got that much out of me now pass the chicken leg. She knows what sit means but would only give me a quick butt down then up just to show me she wasn't going to give in and actually sit. I gave her a small piece and all was well. It cracked me up the way she figures it out so she doesn't have really obey but gives just enough to get what she wants.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

:lol: :lol: Yep, that sounds about right Jeff, my two do the same thing if food is involved. They think that two second touch the butt to the ground counts!

They seem a bit offended when I make them do it until they get it right...I wonder why? Chows!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

it wasn't so much her reaction to sit that suprised me it was Pekoe not hearing me ever say sit to her and her reaction to it when I did say it plus remembering what it ment. I have never used commands with her except a few knock it offs to her. I have never had a reason to tell her to sit except 9 years ago to see if she knew how to sit, stay and shake when I thought she was a dog.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

That is so funny. Yoshi, will sit for a bit longer when it comes to food, but if no food is involved, he suddenely doesn't understand

Dogdad
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Dogdad wrote:That is so funny. Yoshi, will sit for a bit longer when it comes to food, but if no food is involved, he suddenely doesn't understand

Dogdad
Ditto David :roll:
Thank you Elodie!
April
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by April »

That is to funny, Izzy still being a pup she will sit for a moment but during that whole qiuck moment her little rump is going a mile a minute.. she just can't sit still.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters is actually opposite. He will walk up to you and sit if he wants what you have. The only thing he learned in obed. training!! Go Figure.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is so funny Jeff! She really is the "Queen of Attitude" isn't she?
M & M will sit beautifully and say How do you do for something but it is the way they do it with their totally arrogant stance. :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chris

Post by chris »

Ha... hehehe.. thats funny! :-)
Desi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Desi »

TJordan wrote:Butters is actually opposite. He will walk up to you and sit if he wants what you have. The only thing he learned in obed. training!! Go Figure.
That's what my girls do,if you have food they will follow you,make sure to get in front of you and then sit down real quick.The first couple of times i almost broke my neck over them,lol.
AngelsMom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AngelsMom »

My babygirl does exactly the same thing as Pekoe! She's doesn't know what it means to "sit" unless steak or chicken is involved.... That crazy girl! Then, if I say "SIT!" I have to say it about 39935 times and beg her to do it before I can give her the treat. She's such a brat.