What a difference!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

sweetpea
Rank 3
Rank 3

What a difference!

Post by sweetpea »

What a difference in Gracie! My daughter was living with us with her pug for several months. This little guy was mean to Gracie. He'd pull her fur out by the mouthful, her poor fur looked awful! Then discovered he had bit on her nipples, one was actually bit off. We rushed her to the vet for that and she's fine. Gracie wouldnt play while in the house. If Kokomo came near her inside it got so Princess would get mad at Gracie and then challenge her. Gracie would ignore it for awhile then stand up, push herself agaisnt Princess as if to say she accepts the challenge. We have had to seperate them many times when we didnt see it coming.

My daughter and her dog moved out. All week I have been in shock at the difference of these two dogs! Gracie is so full of it. She plays with Princess, inside now. They get to playing so rough and hard they sound like a herd of elephants. She looks like she is walking around with a smile again (I love her smile). There has been no stand offs since that little guy left and Gracie actually seems more relaxed, which I'm sure she is. Its just great to see the two being close friends again and not seeing the stand offs. We were afraid Princess would become depressed not having her Kokomo here, but even she seems more relaxed, more like her old self. All is well.