What did you do this Christmas

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

What did you do this Christmas

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Hello every one, Well what did you do on this Christmas day, It’s Raining here at last, so we could really not do much outside, Yesterday I cooked a big chicken almost 3lbs in weight as I don’t like Turkey very much with roast potatoes, green beans and a pumpkin from the garden, all veges were from my garden. I got up late, at about 9am and went out and saw to the Chows, giving them all their cow hoves christmas present which they love, played with them for a short period as it was raing hard, then I fed the little ducklings, the big ducks and the geese, I then went inside and woke the males of my family and gave them their little presents I had bought, did not do much after that, just watched television, and relaxed, and of course ate some Christmas cake I had made, I had a small accident yesterday and cracked one of my ribs which is rather sore today, so did not do my usual running around. Any way it was a nice day to relax. Tomorrow We are going to a friend who does not celebrate Christmas, but is having a big lunch so I am going to enjoy been served and waited on for a change.
Do hope you all had a good time, and will write again in the New Year.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

Diego and I took a walk in the beautiful weather. :D

And Diego got a new collar.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

You have been very busy Carolyn and Taz, that is one very smart collar and Diego obviously enjoyed his walk. :)

We have done very little other than we went to Mass last night and this morning our daughter Carolyn and her husband and two daughters called in with presents.

Now, how is this for how a Chow thinks?

Carolyn brought a little present for M & M - she gave Milly hers the she took it and paraded around with it pleased as Punch - then she went and put it in her pile of cuddly toys and put a toy on top of it. Mabel liked hers too, but she just lay down with it. :)

But Milly especially, knew it was hers!

We ate our Christmas Lunch and have basically spent the do listening to old Christmas Carol and Christmas song records.

We have enjoyed our Christmas Day and tomorrow we will go to Mass and then take M & M for a walk then we are going to our daughter's for tea.

Then I think, the day after an easy day - not a lot to eat and another walk.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Everyone's Christmas sounds wonderful!
We've had a quiet day with just a few family members and a couple of friends over. Kodi got a stuffed toy squirrel and a rawhide wreath. She became quite primal with her treat, carrying it guardedly all over the house and yard to ensure it would be safe from other predators, finally 'burying' it in the stack of pillows near the couch... :roll: All in all, a wonderful day :)
Take care all and purple kisses all around.
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Well... we are finally home for the night. Tomorrow is a work day for me <sigh>, but at least today was a paid holiday for me. :) We had a good day today. Koda and I left early this morning (after 4 calls saying Mom I need help!) to help my daughter Jodi cook for our family get together this afternoon. Of course Koda went with me. This was his first time around so many people at one time with the exception of Petsmart, and he seemed to do OK. Still a bit skiddish, which I think at this point he is just not going to come out of, but he did realy good and was well behaved. He just didn't particularly want anyone but Amber and I messing with him. I did enlist the girls' boyfriends to take him out on his leash to go potty when I was busy. LOL Koda didn't particularly like that, but he went anyway. He got some turkey, some ham and when some deviled eggs fell on the floor, gobbled some of them. LOL Of course he also ate whatever the baby dropped too. LOL When we left to come home tonight, I am sure he was ready because he jumped right into the car. We usually have to make him get into the car. And when he got home I could tell he was happy to be here. But all in all we had a good day, Koda was a gentle man (and even compliments on his behavior) and I am now glad it is all over. LOL
Nancy and Tai

kingalls

Post by kingalls »

After opening our gifts to one another, we gave Shiloh and Mr. N a toy Hedge hog that makes a grunt noise when squeezed. Oh boy! did that cause turmoil. Mr. N decided it was his and his alone and was rather mean with Shiloh. I got another Xmas toy - a frog that made a croaking noise but Mr. N decided that was his as well and a "fight" over the toys. We had to take away the toys and let them have some food treats instead. So now we have two Chow Chow stockings filled with more squeaky toys plus the Hedge hog that we can't give them just yet.
Other than that we enjoyed a rainy day with a fire in the fireplace with my daughter and grandson.
Mr. N and Shiloh enjoyed many a treat throughout the day.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, too!

Karen
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

For Christmas, Lily mastered sitting up pretty. We were baking Lemon pressed cookies and I dropped one on the floor. Of course both dogs were hanging out in case of just such a contingency. I broke it in two, and they were sitting shoulder to shoulder in anticipation. I decided to see if they would sit up in unison, and sure enough, both sat up. It was especially funny to see because Pip holds her front paws more like she's being robbed, as does Lily, but Lily moves hers around for balance, so she looks more like she's trying to swat a fly. They loved the cookie too! In the afternoon, we went to my nephews home for a potluck. It really surprised me when Melissa, my niece-in-law, asked me why I didn't bring Lily. Melissa was one of the few people Lily was affectionate with at a party back in October. Also, Lily likes her 18 month old daughter. We only live 15 miutes away, so the pups stayed home.
Karen, the plush hedgy is one of Lily's favorites, now that she can make it squeek. She likes to bite and slam it on the floor at the same time to get a double squeek. She also got a new rubber hedgy in her stocking to replace one she recently tore apart.
simbasmom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by simbasmom »

We had a lovely Christmas :D . My good friend dropped by for opening of presents and little Coco was feeling left out until we came across a package for Coco full of chewie toys and balls. In the afternoon after our Christmas turkey was in the oven we all including Coco went visiting friends and dropping off presents and every where we went Coco was delighted because everyone had gotten something for him. We had a lovely dinner with friends and Coco had a bowl full of veggies and turkey and gravy. Coco was a little angel all day I was really surprised he laid quietly in the corner during our dinner and waited patiently for his bowl of goodies until we were finished our dinner. Hehehe I was expecting to find our little chowling under the table hoping for things to fall, but he was a complete gentleman with no begging until it was his turn and he brought me his dish asking for seconds :D. In the evening we curled up in front of the tv and watched Christmas movies.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Aaw Bless him - what a good little chowling! :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

Well, this is Willow's third Christmas with us. She got lots of great presents, new colored tennis balls, a squirrel, bones, cookies, etc. She had more gifts to open than any of the humans!

We had dinner with my family, we alternate, Thanksgiving was with my husbands this year. The weather was warm so we also had a wonderful walk. The weather being 50 degrees was Christmas present enough for me!!

I also had to work today, I'm exhausted. I also own a pet sitting business which is really busy right now with everyone on vacation for the holiday. But, I'm glad to be getting back into my regular routine.

Happy New Year, everyone!