Confucius

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Jeff, you are actually quite right.
We have five grandchildren, aged 19 yrs. down to 8 yrs.
When Milly Ching came to live with us she was only 6 weeks old and chowlings are adorable.
At that time, ( i.e. 4 and a half years ago), I had the the three eldest of our grandchildren every day before school and after school and they were taught from day one how to treat her. She had a cardboard box bed in the kitchen and in our bedroom and she very quickly learnt to go into it when she wass tired. When she was in her box the girls were forbidden to touch her and wake her.
They would wait with their hands twitching until she woke. Then they could play.
Also, we do meet lots of lovely children when out with M & M and most do treat them with respect and ask if they can stroke them and will accept it when we tell them that Mabel is far more affectionate, and whereas Milly will be stroked, she is more aloof.
In fact, M & M are very well known in our area and children going to and from school will call, "Hello MIlly, hello Mabel" from the other side of the road.
So you are right.
But - like everything else - it is the one or two who spoil it - and they are the ones I have no hesitation in telling to bugger off - or tell the parents to get a grip of their child.
It still makes me mad though, thinking of Confucious locked up because of a child who smacked his nose! :roll:

Snuffles and purple kisses to Pekoe from M & M.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Roger,

I will just reading down the postings and Milly and Mabel are just wondering how Confuscious is doing.

:) :)

Post by Guest »

Hi Judy and everyone else.... sorry haven't been here in a bit. The baby's doing much better than I had anticipated. He slipped right back into his routine. Only thing is now he follows us like a shadow. At night, he'll sleep at the foot of the bed, and intermittently wander around from bedroom to bedroom. Before, he would content himself mostly with a position by the front door all night. It's so endearing, but I'm sorry about the root cause of it. I think the kids also realize how much a part of the family he is too. I see them now paying more attention to him; before they really took him for granted. On some level, I think we all did. He's putting the weight back on too.
We're going overseas next month on vacation. I was originally going to leave him at the vet, where they also board, but after his experience, I've located a dogsitter whom he seemed to take to very well (Actually she bribed him with some doggie treats and it worked wonders). At least he'll be in his own home. I'm also getting a fence built, so -while we're gone- there should be no interaction with anyone else, save the sitter.
Thanks and take care everyone.... Roger
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Excellent news, Roger!

Supersized snuggles and hugs to your Confucious from us (Zhu, PB & me)!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Sounds good Roger - I am so glad it has turned out this way. I started to hope when you reported that he had turned his back on the kennel maid - most Chow like!

Enjoy your holiday - the lad will be ok in his own home I am sure.

Great big purple kisses from Milly and Mabel.