General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Chows are SO cool!

Post by Victory »

I have to tell you all this; two nights ago, my neighbor across the hall who has two rotties, (one of which is a bit...um assertive shall we say), was trying to set up a visit between Damian, (that's the fiesty Rottie) and another Rottie with the same attitude, both these dogs weighs in the neighborhood of 125+ pounds, they were both muzzled and being tightly restrained by their owners, (the two Rotties grew up together but haven't seen each other in a year or so). Anyway, I needed to take my two out for their evening walk, so after making sure both Rotties were restrained we came out of the apartment. I kept my two close to me, (Firesong loves Damian and likes to play with him), the two Rotties were growling up a storm and if their owners relaxed even a bit the lunged at each other. My two chows just looked at them, waited until I locked out door and then turned their two fuzzy backs on the Rotties and led the way out the door for our walk.

Neither one of them tried to go near the Rotties at all, Firesong looked kind of puzzled 'cause she wanted to play, Darkwind just looked and turned around intent on his own business.

So there for aggressive uncontrollable chows! Dignified, well-mannered and intelligent is what they are.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Victory, how wonderful - I bet you were so proud! :)

Gosh, I am sitting here proud as punch on your behalf!

Just goes to show - but there again, what did you really expect - Chows are the best!! :lol:

Give them a hug each from me , please.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I had a Boxer named Bud at the time my daughter was born. My father has certain beliefs about animals, and one of those was that Boxers are a vicious breed. I talked and talked about how breeds don't determine the individuals nature, but he would not be swayed. He was afraid Bud would hurt the baby and shouldn't be trusted. When Haley was asleep in the bassinet one day, my father came over and went to take a look while I was in a different room. Bud was never aggressive with him but walked in his path and stayed there until I told him it was okay. Over the years, Bud proved over and over he was our gaurdian. My father actually ate his words and admitted I was right. When I got Lily, he never questioned her aggressiveness, even now when she growls and chuffs at him. I explained that she is vocal and means no harm, and he sees how she is with Haley. If he thinks she is aggressive, he keeps his council about it. I will say she is very selective about who she likes or not, both with people and dogs alike!