General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Kandie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Beautiful, well-behaved chow in need of good home in Chicago

Post by Kandie »

Hello all,

You may have seen my recent posting about a cream female chow I found in Chicago. She has been cleaned and groomed by a wonderful groomer in Andersonville -- Scrubba-Dub-Dub on Clark and Summerdale. The groomers spent all day on Scindy (that's what we're calling her since we found her at the Science and Industry Museum). They completely volunteered their time and even outfitted Scindy with a new harness and leash and a bunch of treats! Scindy was completely matted and dirty and they only had to trim 2 small pieces behind her ears -- no shaving required.

She is really well trained! She responds to hand commands, is completely crate trained, walks really well on a lead, and even does some tricks! Someone has spent a lot of time with this dog -- she patiently sat on the grooming table like she'd spent a lot of time there in the past. We've contacted many animal organizations and animal control, but no one has claimed her nor have they been searching for her. I've since learned that while Scindy was on the run, there were no less than 5 other people feeding her and trying to catch her to get her out of the cold. Many of us are now trying to find her a good home. I would keep her myself, but my female pug has been less than friendly to Scindy and I really believe Scindy needs to be an only dog or at least with another friendly bigger dog. She's at the Animal Welfare League in Chicago, but I've taken her home with me for the weekend to get her groomed.

She is a delight! She loves being close to people and enjoys lots of love and petting. She does get a little stressed when either my boyfriend or I leave the house. I've never heard her bark, but she does cry a little when her people friends leave. :(

Here are a few links to this pretty girl's photo. If you or anyone you know are interested in giving her a special home, please feel free to contact me at kandie@uchicago.edu or contact Diane at the Animal Welfare League directly at 773-667-0088.

http://home.comcast.net/~k.berridge/prettyscindy.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~k.berridge/scindysbath.jpg

Thank you!!