Pet food and Religion

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Pet food and Religion

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I'm not a religious person but this morning I had to open a new bag of Nutro, Its pretty bad when you have to say 3 Hail Mary's first then say a prayer before you open the bag, hoping its not going to kill your Chow, then you have to stand over your Chow for a week praying and hoping the Chow Doesn't die from that bag. I may have to take the rest of the bags down and have them blessed. They say the lord works in mysterious ways.

Nutro has made me a Religious man.

NUTRO DOG FOOD, The food of choice for the spiritual people.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Would you call that religion "Nutro-tology"? :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Oh I know Jeff. I went through the same thing about two weeks ago with our new bag of Solid Gold. It's so sad, I have no real reason to be scared about it, but with the way things are going, it could be anything anytime.

I like Nutro-tology! :D
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

For the animals, they need to be protected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

I hear you Jeff. And everyone. I had to buy more food a couple weeks ago, and stood in the PetCo isle for I don't know how long, trying to decide to say with what I was giving them, or trying something else. Was hoping to find Wolf King, but not in this town. So got the Nutro I've been feeding them. Took it home, then couldn't bring myself to give it to them, telling the girls that I just didn't trust dog food companies anymore. My girls sat there heads tilted, looking at me like I was nuts.
~ Sally
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Yep - I know that feeling. We put the cat on EVO because it's grain free. He hates it. Everyday he complains to my husband and Erik just tells him, "It's either that or death". Poor cat - I think he understands because then he eats his fill and goes back to sleep. He's an old guy but that doesn't mean I want to rush him to the grave!
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I made meatloaf for my fuzzies the other night. Its pretty sad when I think that my cooking is going to be safer for them than the food I can buy.
monicaxyz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by monicaxyz »

hi, you can order wolfking online, right from their website, and they give you a discount. they also offer sample size bags of all their kibble as a freebie if you order $20 (i'm not sure about the amount, but it's in the $20 range)...plus free shipping. it's not a bad deal.
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I thought of ordering petfood online. I don't get the brands you guys are buying. Everything costs a lot more in Canada. I think the delivery costs more than the petfood. I did find Nutro at Petsmart, a 50 pound bag, that would take Mikki two years to eat.
It's actually worth it to drive to Buffalo and buy everything cheap, including some groceries.
Karin
Last edited by sit_by_the_beach on Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

We changed Butters to Innova Evo as well. He loves it. But I get nervous and say a little prayer as well. At this point you just never know what is next.

He had a 13lb bag of evo. We put 1/2 in a tupperware container to keep it fresh. So he hate the half out of the bag and wouldn't touch the stuff outta the tupperware. So I started to panic and think crap this stuff is bad as well. Then I realized that he is just being a chow and he didn't like something about the tupperware. Got a new bag and all is well. But I worried myself into a migrain yesterday.
SweetPea Rocks!!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

monicaxyz wrote:hi, you can order wolfking online, right from their website, and they give you a discount. they also offer sample size bags of all their kibble as a freebie if you order $20 (i'm not sure about the amount, but it's in the $20 range)...plus free shipping. it's not a bad deal.
Hi Monica

Were you talking about Solid Gold Wolf King direct from their website (Solid Gold)? I didn't find a way to order direct and am looking to save some $ since we use it exclusively and it's so expensive ($26 + tax for the 15lb bag) at our local Petco. Could you send me a link of the site you found the good price/free shipping on?
Thanks and take care,

(meant this as a PM, but oh well...)
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

SWANCIN wrote: Were you talking about Solid Gold Wolf King direct from their website (Solid Gold)? I didn't find a way to order direct and am looking to save some $ since we use it exclusively and it's so expensive ($26 + tax for the 15lb bag) at our local Petco. Could you send me a link of the site you found the good price/free shipping on?
Cindy, do you have a PetClub in your area? I think there is one down there. I special order Barking with the Moon and Holistique with them and both are individually quite reasonable. My two PetClubs (SSF and San Mateo) carry Wolf King and Hund-n-flocken regularly, plus the puppy formula that is not Wolfcub. The other product are special order but are available within 2-3 days of placing the order with them.
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Lou wrote:
SWANCIN wrote: Were you talking about Solid Gold Wolf King direct from their website (Solid Gold)? I didn't find a way to order direct and am looking to save some $ since we use it exclusively and it's so expensive ($26 + tax for the 15lb bag) at our local Petco. Could you send me a link of the site you found the good price/free shipping on?
Cindy, do you have a PetClub in your area? I think there is one down there. I special order Barking with the Moon and Holistique with them and both are individually quite reasonable. My two PetClubs (SSF and San Mateo) carry Wolf King and Hund-n-flocken regularly, plus the puppy formula that is not Wolfcub. The other product are special order but are available within 2-3 days of placing the order with them.
Thanks Lou!!! I do have a PetClub near me and just got one of their $5 off $20 spent coupons too! Will check it out this weekend.

PS: Edited to add; PetClub near me (San Jose) has 33# bag of SG Wolf King for $35. Great price!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558