I am so proud :)

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

I am so proud :)

Post by ngraham »

Today the weather here is actually tolerable (low 50's) so I decided that Koda and I would go outside and work on a little bit of training. So with 2 teats in hand that I could break up into many treats, outside we headed. Today (and for the next few days) we worked on "Come Koda". It took a few tries before he got the idea of what I expected from him, but it sure didn't take long for him to get the idea. I sat on my porch step and I'd let him walk a few feet away from me and then say "Come Koda". When he found out there was a piece of treat involved every time he did what I said, he did very good. He is even a little smart butt. He would walk away from me and get about as far as he thought I would let him go and then turn around and look at me as if to say "Alright, come on Mom. Say it!" We did this for 15 or 20 minutes. Finally when I stood up I guess he thought the game was over and I had to tell him "NO Koda... Come!" when he started to go a little further than I wanted him to. He finally did come to me, but he did not get a treat because he'd been bad and not listened when I said it the first time. I let him try it again and the second time he did come to me when told to the first time. So I do feel like we accomplished something this afternoon. Chows are so smart!
Nancy and Tai

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Well done, little Koda! :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Roger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Roger »

Hey don't be too surprised if -after months of rigorous traing, and an unparalled feeling of accomplishment on your part- when you call Koda, he sticks out his tongue at you, gives you a haughty look, turns his back and saunters away. Smart, oh yeah.... willful, absolutely!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes - Willful - now there is a good word and it describes Milly and Mabel perfectly, along with arrogant, stubborn, disobedient................ :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)