What's your chows' favourate colour?

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

What's your chows' favourate colour?

Post by LEO's mum »

When Bama mentioned about the ORANGE bone, I thought "Ahhh :idea: ". I got LEO an ORANGE rubber ball w/ feet on, and she's loving it! LEO doesn't like/fearful of PURPLE. The treat dispencer Cindy's Kodi so loves, LEO wouldn't want to touch it w/ a barge pole. She also stays away from the PURPLE yoga ball which I sometimes sit on.

She prefers TWO TONED tennis balls(blue&yellow, green&yellow) as opposed to just yellow or whatever.

Does your chow have a favourate colour?
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

Aslan HATES black. Especially if a man wears it. :twisted: Don't know why, but he hates it. Otherwise, all other colors are fine.
Aslanchow
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters went through a phase where he hated blue for about 6 months. But I can't tell that he has a fav. color.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

I've mentioned this before but the Discovery Store has a kit with dog stuff in it, they have a pair of glasses that says see the way your dog see's, It almost like the old 3D glassses where everything is red. I think dogs are missing the color green. I notice that every time Pekoe starts to walk on grass she hesitate's and checks it with her paw before she steps on it and looks around, She may be checking to see if the grass is wet or she see's something differant then green grass but I think dogs are missing green. I've also noticed with cats, unless a pure white cat is moving she won't see it even if it is sitting a few feet in front of her.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Thank you Jeff. I wondered why there are times Jazzy seems disinterested in other animals esp cats, when other times she is likely to pull me off my feet when she sees a cat or bird or whatever.
Haven't noticed any particular color of toy she prefers, its more a texture thing. Or maybe it is color? I'll have to watch and experiment.

My dad had a poodle once that hated brown and white cows. Any other color cow he'd leave alone. but those brown/white ones he'd eat through the car window to get to. strange.
~ Sally
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Isn't this a fun thread? Yeah!! :lol:

In my "homegirl" laboratory...the color orange is the winner! :lol:
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Salandra wrote:Thank you Jeff. I wondered why there are times Jazzy seems disinterested in other animals esp cats, when other times she is likely to pull me off my feet when she sees a cat or bird or whatever.
Haven't noticed any particular color of toy she prefers, its more a texture thing. Or maybe it is color? I'll have to watch and experiment.

My dad had a poodle once that hated brown and white cows. Any other color cow he'd leave alone. but those brown/white ones he'd eat through the car window to get to. strange.
Since they only see about 6 colors in all, and most animals are pretty much black and white or greyish, they can't see the animal unless it moves, but they can see just a small twitch that we wouldn't see, and they can see it from the corner of their eyes and of course they can see it when we may not be able to see much of anything, (in the dark) Their eyes can absorb more of the available light and reflect it, (which is why their eyes glow) so they can see in the dark. I think orange is one of the colors they do see and yellow. My two spot the police tape even when there's nothing to make it move...(they don't like it)
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mikkabear »

Mikka doesn't like little white dogs. Specifically little white poodles. That's the only color non-preference we see.
It's very embarassing, because when we see one, especially if the dog is on a leash and is with someone uptight, Mikka either senses our apprehension or the small white dog's owner's apprehension and there is always disaster.
Mikka will act friendly at first but then the little white dog will go ballistic and try to attack her. The little white dog guardian will then scoop up their dog, glaring at us as if Mikka has done something wrong. I swear this happens 100% of the time.
The worst is little white poodles with uptight older owners.
Natasha
and
Cue
Jessi
Rank 0
Rank 0

favorite color

Post by Jessi »

Jessica's favorite color is pink! Poor duck,got srangled! :D
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Millie's favourite toys are her orange duck & red lobster so i have to say they are her favourites. She really dislikes her yellow ball....
Thank you Elodie!