Update on Chi-Ching and Cinder!

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Update on Chi-Ching and Cinder!

Post by Guest »

Well, puppy has Tape worms! (ICK) and we are getting medicine sent home for both him and Koda. (Just in case)
This is going to be quite a spendy bill, we opted to have a full blood screening done prior to his neutering as well as getting him some pain medicine when he comes home. He is also getting full vaccinated again and we are getting the wormer for both dogs. Add in an office visit and we are looking at probably $200-$300. I suppose this is just Chi-Ching living up to his name! LOL
The vets said that they only use the (can't remember the name) of anesthesia that I was told about on here, he said that they don't use any other kind unless it is specifically requested, he said it was the kind that people use when they are in surgery.
I trust my vets COMPLETELY and I am not real worried about them pulling through or anything going wrong. The vet did give Chingy a sedative while I was there because he was kind of being a snot and was growltalking and woofing little woofs at the vet. He is still very cautious around ANYONE new. The vet said he would do better if they gave him a sedative instead of trying to force him to do anything.
I call in about 1-2 hours to see how he and Cinder are doing and then we can pick them up between 5:00-7:00 tonight.
Cinder is a 10-11 year old cat that we rescued about 5 months ago and she had had her jaw broken about 5 years ago(We think someone kicked her in the mouth:cry:) and it was never treated so her mouth has always been crooked and her bottom right tooth was actually poking into the roof of her mouth, she actually has a hole in the roof of her mouth from her tooth. About a week and a half ago we had four of her back teeth pulled and they are pulling her bad front tooth today. She ought to feel SO much better after this.
Cinder was great for the vet and she just let him check her over and said that he was going to pull the obvious tooth that was poking into the roof of her mouth but was going to leave the other tooth because it would help keep her jaw stronger. She was just all sweet and lovey. She loves the vet!

Wish us luck on both of our babies!
Chi-Ching:
http://www.dogster.com/?198010

Cinder:
http://www.catster.com/?215285
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Aaw! Bless!

Poor little loves!
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)