Post by RHENEGADE CHOWS »

Red Dragon wrote:Oh no! Fuel for her fire! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dont hate me because I am beautiful Sam.... :-*
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

LEO's mum wrote:I quite like marmite on toast, I like bovril better tho :wink:

Just was wondering, is this the longest thread ever? Maybe we should aim for a record, then again, maybe not....
Bovril LEO"S mum..... shame shame!!!

If it is a record it maybe the one where there was the most 'quotes' See, I helped :wink:
Thank you Elodie!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

redangie24 wrote:
cheriekynb wrote: My Dad calls me a freakin' tree hugger all the time!!
Oh, man I hate tree huggers. I will make an exception for you. Are you sure you are a tree hugger. All veggie, no hunting, wear pacholi oil (however that stuff is spelled), and basically whine about everything and do nothing??? Are you sure? Cause you don't sound like one.....
:roll: :lol: :lol: 8) Let's see, no, not all veggie.. I like to fish, never been hunting, YUK pachuli oil!! Although I DO live in WHINE Country (hahaha) there is a sticker on my electric bass that says "NO WINERS".. LOL.. I'm just a rebel without a cause. OH OH OH NOW I have one!! CHOWS!!!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

Layla wrote:
If it is a record it maybe the one where there was the most 'quotes' See, I helped :wink:
Layla!! :) I was thinking the same thing!! You BEAT me to the post! LOL
BigTrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BigTrucker »

This is fictional view. but it something to think about. What if all the breading was suspended right now for a decade or more...all the rescues were out of chows and chow mixes...the only thing left were other-than-chow breeds. Would anybody pay for a chow from a breeder if they were aloud to start breeding them again or will the "right thing" be done and everyone would be interested in rescueing other dogs regardless of breed? What about cats...if there were no dogs left would people who normally save chows...or dogs, consider saving a cat. Or are there stipulations. We all like chows...thats why we're here...Rescues didn't create certain breeds. They save strays and abused animals. Its easy to attack people...I'm guilty of this...but sometimes we get carried away and miss the point why we're here in the first place. To have a comroderie with fellow chow owners nomatter where they got there chows from.

The Prince of Darkness John(Its Late Good Night)

Sabres 4 Islanders 1

Yahooooo, Popping Tops now!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

cheriekynb wrote:
Layla wrote:
At lest you added to the quote quota :D
Thank you Elodie!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

I forgot to add - Aw, Thanks Redangie.. :)
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

Layla wrote:
cheriekynb wrote:
Layla wrote:
You know, debates are always fun. mud slinging can get a tad ugly but I love reading all the differences of opinions!!! IT'S GREAT!

Reminds me of WHY I like to go to Super Bowl parties!! I go to watch people cheer for different teams!! LOL I love the energy!
To my friend Randi (a die hard Raider's fan?? GO NINERS!!)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

"To my friend Randi (a die hard Raider's fan?? GO NINERS!!)"

You should be happy he's a die hard Raiders fan, his football season only last the first 4 weeks. I'm a big time Raiders fan but I had to pick a back up team to get me through the season. (Seattle) No offense Raiders.

Karen is a Raiders fan also.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Carla, I do admire your enthusiasm. But this is getting rather tedious.... I am not going to be nasty, because that, I beleive is not needed on this forum. Let me speak my mind on several points.

I do not accuse you of the mishaps that's happened. At the same time, I cannot condone you breeding the bitch three heats in a row. Especially if you say you are serious about the health of the chows and before the exam result "papers" are ready.

If you do not like present "fad" in AKC, get a more traditional looking Chow from UK, the chows there are not as grossly overdone. I don't know what kind of chows there are in Canada, but go for a recognized registry. You cannot change mainstream from the gutters, you have to be judged fairly & squarely by the mainstream & beat them.

Be professional. You can be emotionally involved in your cause, but keep a professional facade. I am all for making enough money plus a bit if you are professional enough in ANYTHING, if one can, that includes Chow breeding as well as any other professions, like ... teaching. If you preach health, stick to your word, check the pedigree. Sure, it cost a lot more to get "proper papered" chows, but you need history to build on to it, they're not like nemetodes where a generation is 20 days or so.

It is an expensive hobby, and if you're not moneyed to start with or have good connections in the "industry", it must be really hard. I respect you for wanting to have a go. I'm sure waiting did you say 15 years? must seem long enough, but maybe, just maybe, the breeding stock you've got are not up to 'your' standards for historical health check purposes.

Best of luck, but please, when you are calm and not agitated from what seems a hostile response to your heartfelt cause, please reflect on what you want & what you think is the most important for the breed. If you still think it's a good idea for you to start a kennel, all I can say is best of luck.
BigTrucker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Canadian chows

Post by BigTrucker »

I have a question...maybe some of our friends from the great white north (Canada for those who are geographically challenged), When a chow from Canada barks...does it sound something like Ruff'aye :?: Just checking

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz out
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Lordy Me! I am off to Court again in about half an hour - I wonder if this so boring, boring, BORING thread is still running when I get back this evening 0 Gosh I hope not!
No Marmite on toast for me - I might have a toasted teacake in the court restaurant - may be not!

:lol: :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
chowgrl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowgrl »

Surely everything has been said that needed to be said, maybe it is time to put this thread to bed and tick a lock on it. Mods?
Chows Are For Life
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

RHENEGADE CHOWS wrote:THANK YOU... Thank you so much for telling them exactly what I have!
It makes me cringe the way these holier than thou attention seeking glory seekers portray themselves as the saints of all things chow, ranting on and on about what they do looking for kudos
Carla...
this is where you are running into a brick wall. It is all well and good to come on here and stick up for Bob. But you can't start a thread starting out like gang busters and attack the members here and call them names. Everyone knows how you feel, just like everyone knows how I feel. The other side feels just as strong in what they believe. This thread has gone on entirely too long and nothing is being accomplished. You can't make people change their minds and agree with you. But the more you argue and call names, just makes it look worse for the side you are trying to defend.
Now I'm done with this thread.
Nancy and Tai

redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

cheriekynb wrote:
Layla wrote:
cheriekynb wrote: Layla!! :) I was thinking the same thing!! You BEAT me to the post! LOL
You know, debates are always fun. mud slinging can get a tad ugly but I love reading all the differences of opinions!!! IT'S GREAT!

Reminds me of WHY I like to go to Super Bowl parties!! I go to watch people cheer for different teams!! LOL I love the energy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Hey Hey Layla and cheriekynb I did it too!! Did we make a record yet.

cheriekynb you don't sound like a tree hugger to me, but maybe you just want us to think you are for trickery's sake...Thats right I am on to you.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

Speaking of soap... I use that non soap soap. :D
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

cheriekynb wrote:
redangie24 wrote:
RHENEGADE CHOWS- I use neutrogena and it is biodegradable so no problems there, of course if they was I would just shoot the tree huggers. Okay I would not shoot them, but I would walk off and make fun of them. Yea I am a total b***h. I know it.

As to how... Well see first I get undressed then anyone who can see me (other than my hubby or girls) dies of fright then.....
Hey!! Don't pick on us TREE HUGGERS!! LOL.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's add a little politics to the mix!! My Mom and Dad?? DIE HARD REPUBLICANS!! Their daughter?? OMG.. My Dad calls me a freakin' tree hugger all the time!!

Hmmm...Republicans can't be tree huggers? Well, then call me a, "crazy tree hugging Republican conservationist"!
Actually, I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat.
But, I am conservative.

Back when I was young and limber, I used to go camping!
Now, these crusty bones want a temperapedic mattress and a hydro-therapy spa!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

bama wrote: I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat.
Me either I am a open-minded conservative independent :D
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Ohhhhh, toasted teacake. Judy that is not fair to tease me tastebuds like that. I WANT ONE! Hmmm, may an English Muffin with Jam (from home) would tide me over.....

Opps, forgot to use the quote button, sorry Red & Cheri :wink:
Thank you Elodie!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

I can't imagine being allergic to soap. I have a huge L'Occitane addiction. It's a soap & lotion shop here. You guys probably have it, it's in lots of malls.

And for the record I'm a "screamim' liberal" as my Repub dad calls me. The only thing I've ever been arrested for (but not charged) is protesting (for the Gulf War, brought to us by George The First.)

I'd be a tree hugger, I suppose, except I hate being outside and would NOT touch a treet if my life depended upon it!!! What, and risk breaking a nail??? Or...<<<gasp>>>>.....BUGS???! I do NOT think so!

------------------------

I read it too, Ange. You're really rather a moderate.

Here's me:

I'm pro-choice. I think if we had less sanctimony in this country and more *Censored Word* ed, available methods of birth control, etc., we'd have way less to worry about. I think people don't understand that pro-choice folks aren't "pro-abortion." No one LIKES abortion, it's just a necessary evil, so to speak. One of those things that is ugly but a fact of our lives. It is not, nor should it be used as, a method of birth control!

I am pro-military. That's not a job I want to do, but I am grateful for the folks doing it on my behalf and I think they should have the very best of whatever they need in order to accomplish their tasks. That said, I'm anti-war, no matter where it happens. Iraq, Iran, Israel, Rwanda, Yugoslavia, Darfur, N. Ireland. Doesn't matter. That educated, supposedly intelligent human beings cannot solve their differences in the year 2007 with dimplomacy and negotiations is abominable. Killing each other to prove we're better is el toro poopoo!!

I'm a feminist of sorts, but I don't want to go into a combat situation either. I'd be completely useless in a setting like that. I'm a big girly girl, and can't even imagine what the women in the military must go thru. I am scared for them every day.

I live in a city with an enormous homosexual population. I was born and raised here, so there have been gay people around me all my life. To me, they aren't any different. Personally, I don't think it's a choice, but a genetic predisposition. Plus ya can't help who ya fall in love with. And as Angie said, who cares? My attitude is "Do what you want, just don't do it to me" (unless I ASK you to do it to me!!) :D I've never met a woman I was attracted to. I need my butts to be hairy, so I guess that makes me hetero!

Angie, now mine is too long too, but this is fun! Thanx for starting it.
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

OOH politics you guys want to talk politics. I love the topic but never get to talk to anyone about it.

Okay I am gonna give it up even if you are not asking for it.

I am open minded because I don't care if you are different religions, races, ethnic groups or if your gay.

Conservative because I am anti divorce, anti abortion, I am not a woman's lib person well I am half and half.

Like if you do the same job you should get the same pay, but only if you are working the same hours. If a guy is working 80 hours a week and a woman is working 60 and they are both on salary I could see why he would get more and vice versa. I think women should be able to do anything they are capable to do. I don't think all women were cut out for combat. Or military life period. I know allot of wonderful service women and I know some that made me ashamed. Like on a mock combat situation (it usually last a couple of hours or days sometimes longer my longest was 2 weeks its called and FTX, but not sure if y'all were familiar with the terminology) there was a girl with us who had another guy carry her supplies, cried after walking for an hour, complained that the beds were not good enough and women should get more. I know there are whinny men out there too, but darn. I think every little girl should have to wear a skirt or dress until they just can't take it anymore because they are too cute. Okay joking about the last one, but its true they are so cute all dressed up!

And I am a baby I don't want to go into direct combat, but I want to serve. But in my case I would do it if asked because its my duty. But I liked being able to say I am a girl I cant do that!! Oh well.

I don't like abortion, but at the same time I don't like it when people stand outside of clinics and yell at the girls and hold up those horrible signs. Those girls are normally very young and are already emotinally fragile that is not helping anyone. Nor do I want to have to explain those signs to my children because took a wrong turn and drove past the wrong place. Also, it is not as if those are the only service they offer.

Mostly I think people should be able to do whatever they want in as long as it does not negatively affect other people. If you wanna eat transfat go for it I will probably join you. If you are gay I don't care your not kissing me!! :lol: But smoking in a restraunt where people have to work or other's are dinning I don't like that. Of course I don't get banning it at a bar. Its a bar your already there to do some damage to your liver so what the heck. It kinda comes with the territory..

OMG I just realized how long this was getting. Now no one is gonna read it. Oh, well at least I got to talk to myself!!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

zingara_princepessa wrote: I'm pro-choice. I think if we had less sanctimony in this country and more *Censored Word* ed, available methods of birth control, etc., we'd have way less to worry about.

My attitude is "Do what you want, just don't do it to me" (unless I ASK you to do it to me!!) :D I've never met a woman I was attracted to. I need my butts to be hairy, so I guess that makes me hetero!

Angie, now mine is too long too, but this is fun! Thanx for starting it.
NO problem load of fun. I totally agree with the first point I highlighted. I wish it was that way and encourage a little self -respect and some modesty.

Lol the way you say that had me rolling!!

Oh, and I like muscular man butts. ohh. I am a major butt girl. A nice butt will get you far with me!

Check out sams pups in the camping section they are so cute!! he has a little puppy who is a poofy butt!! You will toatally wish you could go squish them!!
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I know, how cute are they :x

Liked your rant Red, I promise that I read very word :)
Thank you Elodie!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by cheriekynb »

redangie24 wrote:
cheriekynb wrote:
Layla wrote: At lest you added to the quote quota :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Hey Hey Layla and cheriekynb I did it too!! Did we make a record yet.

cheriekynb you don't sound like a tree hugger to me, but maybe you just want us to think you are for trickery's sake...Thats right I am on to you.
Regangie, DANG, you're ON to me! NOW what am I going to do?

As far as a record goes...... I HOPE so, this was fun, let's start another one! Let's see, what's a good topic?
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Canadian chows

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

BigTrucker wrote:I have a question...maybe some of our friends from the great white north (Canada for those who are geographically challenged), When a chow from Canada barks...does it sound something like Ruff'aye :?: Just checking

Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz out
My first chow barked like a GS. That was her guard dog bark. She barked like a guy dog. She yelped like a puppy when she'd see a squirrel, cat or whatever she wanted to chase.
Mikki mini mouse barks like a hound. I take her downtown TO, she guards my friend's house, my brother's, anywhere I take her, everyone says, she sounds like a hound. Weird.
Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI