last update for a while

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

last update for a while

Post by Dogdad »

Hi everyone, I just wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome you gave Yoshi as well as the kind remarks wishing him good health and the excellent advice you gave me. I thought I would give you another days progress and then leave you in peace for awhile.

Today Yoshi ate 2 big bowls of the colonels secret recipe ( not kfc's but bama's recipe that she pmed me) he also had several probiotic snacks that are suppose to stimulate his immune system. His nose has completely stopped running and his sneezing is almost gone. I spent about an hour today brushing and cutting his huge mats out. I have one ear and all of them on his body cut off, He has enough hair to cover the bald spots, I still need to do his butt and the other ear. He let me scratch tummies for around 10 minutes while telling him what a yoshimoto he was. (good origin) I got a few kisses but unfortuneately a nip on my leg when I was ignoring him outside. ( I am working on that too) He so desperatly wants to play with everyone but he is still separated in camp Yoshi. we still give him lots of attention and I am trying to give Maxwell and the others even more. I can't wait for the day when he can join the kids, furkids and I on long walks or simply sitting and watching tv. in camp yoshiImage
In the yard

I took these this evening.

David
[/url]
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Beautiful David :)
Nancy and Tai

Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

He already looks much better than the original pictures. What a great job you are doing with him! He is gorgeous and very lucky to have you taking good care of him. I hope he continues to get better. :D
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

david i am soo glad he is improving. he is such a handsome boy. give him big hugs from us.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Boogie and Linda wrote:He already looks much better than the original pictures. What a great job you are doing with him! He is gorgeous and very lucky to have you taking good care of him. I hope he continues to get better. :D
I am not fishing for compliments, you guys give so many, but do you really think it He looks better? I see him everyday and other than the snot, I don't see it. If he does,I think it is because he his getting the love and attention we all need plus a good and plentiful diet.
David
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

AWWWW I think he DOES look much better, David. I think he is going to be like the Swan in the Ugly Duckling Story!!! Look at that beautiful main he is going to have with proper brushing and nutrition.......and that beautiful tail....I LOVE his color :inlove:
I think he is going to be one HAPPY camper :lol: when he gets to be with the others.........I for one can't wait for the next up date so don't stop, we don't need a break its like a story that you can TELL theres a HAPPY ENDING.....and your hanging on for the next chapter.....
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I didn't take it as you fishing for compliments. I really mean it. He does look better (not that he looked that badly to begin with at least in the pictures). There is something about a chow that lights up after they have been groomed. I think it is in the way they hold themselves. It is like they stand a little bit prouder. :D
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

I wish you all the best with your new chowboy Yoshi, I hope him and Maxwell will be good brothers one day. I used to have to chop away on my previous chow's fur. She'd get mats within days. Once done with the scissors, we only went for night walks. The kids around here were always shocked at Luna's appearance. One week and she'd look a lot better. So keep hacking away David, it won't hurt him, the fur will grow back quickly. I have never seen an ugly chow.LOL

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Thanks, It is kind of like kids, you don't see a change in growth or height because you are there everyday. Tonight I will do it again. He isn't as patient as Maxwell was but in time he will be even more handsome. His mane is already larger than Maxwells, but Maxwell has the most beautiful sheen to his hair and of course his eyes.

David
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Yoshi looks much happier & confident compared to the very first pictures of him right after the surgery. Just as Maxwell's eyes told of the safe & happy environment more so in the later pictures. Chows understand the goodness in you and it reflects on them. Thank you for giving them a wonderful home and thank you for sharing the experience with us. =D= One more thing, please keep those updates coming, we all want to know how he fattens up and become even more happy!!

Big Hugs [:D]
Leonora & mum
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Dogdad wrote:Thanks, It is kind of like kids, you don't see a change in growth or height because you are there everyday. Tonight I will do it again. He isn't as patient as Maxwell was but in time he will be even more handsome. His mane is already larger than Maxwells, but Maxwell has the most beautiful sheen to his hair and of course his eyes.

David
Don't be surprised if you never see quite that kind of shine to Yoshi's coat. He's a full chow so his fur will never have that kind of "silky" shine that Max's does. What it will get is an irridescent sparkle that looks just as good, but is different. In the sun it looks like they are lit up, it just sparkles like every single hair is coated with diamond dust or pixie dust, (I'm into all that is Fae). Even the darker colored, Blacks and Blues look like that when they are healthy and well groomed.

If you want to see a real ugly duckling to swan story, look for the story of Fancy/Coconut. A year or so after she found her forever home she doesn't even look like the same chow girl, not in the least. I'm think Yoshi is going to be like that.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
zingara_princepessa
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zingara_princepessa »

I love Yoshi's FEET in that pic of him with Max!
Jenn & Orso the Magnificent!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

You have a a beautiful chow being born there. Very nice!! And commendations on a job well done. You have a lot of patience!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Aslan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aslan »

Hey David,

Great job on taking care of Yoshi! :mrgreen: I was thinking about you guys during the weekend. To answer your question: I DO think Yoshi looks great on your recent photo. Hope all is well.
Aslanchow