bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Colonel's sister hospitalized tonight

Post by bama »

I'm sad tonight, because my new little sister;
Princess Buttercup is not home tonight.
I don't know what is wrong, but I think she is really sick,
she didn't want to play much yesterday, nor today.
She has diarrhea, vomiting, and she sometimes just poops blood. When my mommy saw that there was a lot of blood, she scooped up Princess Buttercup and hurried to the car with her.
Mommy said for Molly and me to be good while she and daddy took my sister to the emergency room.
Later, mommy and daddy came home without my sister. Mommy said that Princess Buttercup is staying in the hospital tonight so that the nice doctor can watch her while she has a tube on her paw.
I hope my sister is ok, I already love her a whole bunch.
Mommy says we will know more tomorrow.
So, I hope all my furfriends will say a prayer for my sister to come home tomorrow and be all better. She has to get better soon, because daddy got me a new football and she has to play football with me and Molly.

Here's a photo of my sister, Princess Buttercup, isn't she cute.

**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

OH COLONEL, please tell your sister that we are all saying a big prayer for her and your whole family. tell mommy everything will be ok. give her lots of purplekisses for us. if she needs us we are here k.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Colonel...you give your Mom and Dad a big chow hug for your sister, Princess Buttercup.
We hope that she gets better and comes home soon.

Love,
Auntie Sharon and cousins, JR and Cheyenne

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Colonel I will put my paws together and say a prayer for Princess Buttercup. I hope she can come home tomorrow and play football with you soon.
love from your friend Jazzy
~ Sally
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Lots of healing thoughts for the Princess. I'm sure she wouldn't want to miss football with you.
Millie, x
Thank you Elodie!
LuLu33
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LuLu33 »

Oh No Sherill! I've been away for a few days and come back to your poor girl being hospitalized and Sojouners hunter being hospitalized. That's terrible. I sure hope she is ok. Your in my thoughts and prayers! Hope she is ok!
chris

Post by chris »

Steel here... Dont worry Colonel.. Benny and I have it covered. We will steak out the hospital and keep an eye on Buttercup... if we find foul play and she isn't getting enough treats we have a plan to extract her asap if nessesary.

Benny.. I feel the need to call in Special Teams Ops.. JR and Special... Comments?

Steel out.

(We are sending prayers of quick recovery) xoxo
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Awwww, what a little sweetie Buttercup is.
Here's hoping she comes home real soon and gets better. [:D]
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

AWWWWW Colonel and Bama, Kearra and I are soooo sorry to hear Princess Buttercup is sick, we are sending healing Thoughts and Prayers for her...........Hope she is back home and playing with Colonel in God's Speed!!!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Aww poor buttercup, Don't worry Colonel, I am sure your little sister is getting the best treatment possible. It is going to be hard on mummy and Daddy so try to be extra helpful around the house. Sending happy thoughts

Maxwell
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Benny here, Exhausted Leader Steel!
Anything to help a fellow Chowfellow's little sister. Hang in there Chowbro, Colonel. You already know how good your new mom and dad take care of their furkids, but all us Chowboys are worring right along with you.

Benny ]):)

I'm not a Chowboy, but my big brother Benny is one, so "what he said", from another little sister.

Lady :o)

Oh, yeah, JerryO says, him too. [-o|
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Colonel here...
"Ruff, Ruff, Ruffly" speaking, I can tell you why my little sister, Princess Buttercup is so sick. You see, mommy takes her to visit hospitals and nursing homes so that all the humans, young and old can pet her and snuggle with her.
This makes the humans feel better for a while. But, the vet says she thinks Princess Buttercup must have picked up a bug there, or even eaten one of the yucky rancid treats that human patients are always trying to feed her.
Who knows? Mommy got up really early and drove to the other side of B'ham so that she could be there when they opened at 7 am. I was excited, so was Molly, we thought mommy and daddy were bringing Princess Buttercup home.
But, she has to stay at least another day. The doctor said she is responding to treatment and is doing better today.
Maybe, maybe, she can come home tomorrow!
Gee, I hope so, because I'm have my eyes operated on tomorrow, that old Entropian thingy, you know?
Wow, that will be two of us kids in the hospital at the same time!!! Poor Molly, she has to stay home alone, while daddy takes me for my surgery and mommy goes to a different hospital to be with Princess Buttercup. Molly sure is lucky!!!
Thanks to all my furfriends for thinking about my sister and my family.
Purple kisses to all of you.
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

See I told you, she will be fine, now be extra nice to mummy and daddy
Colonel, good luck with the surgery, I am sure you will feel better. My daddy is making me get my teeth cleaned tomorrow. Yuck, but I get to come home in the afternoon. I am gonna make sure I get the front seat with window open.
Maxwell
Last edited by Dogdad on Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Millie here Colonel, glad to hear that Buttercup is getting better. Good luck with the eyes tomorrow, it must be Chow eye surgery day as I'm getting mine done as well. Be thinking of you.
Thank you Elodie!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

.......The phone rang and mommy raced out the house!
The next thing I know, mommy comes back home carrying my little sister Princess Buttercup!!
Yeah!!! Princess Buttercup is home!!! She looks okay to me, but mommy said she doesn't feel like playing football yet, maybe in a couple of days. Anyway, I'm so glad she's home. I'll be a good big brother and help mommy take care of my little sister!
Thanks to all of my furfriends, you are the best...your special thoughts and prayers brought her home safely!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Colonel here;
Millie, I hope your eye surgery goes well tomorrow!
Hey, remember to eat lots tonight, because they aren't going to feed you tomorrow! :wink:
Good luck!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

That's great ChowBro Colonel!!! :-oo \:D/ =D= :-oo

Tell Buttercup to be more careful when she's around those people critters. Most of them haven't even had their basic rabies and distemper shots, and they carry all kinds of diseases. :shock:
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Oh Colonel you are OSOOoooooo Brave!! :x
Not worrying a thing about yourself and your visit to the doctors place but doin it all for your lil sis! And see .... she's home now safe with you and your mom and pops. I am so very glad she is okay. I heard mommy and daddy growing about bad kibbles...lots of furkids are hurting right now and thank goodness the princess is going to be just dandy.

TWO PAWS UP for PRINCESS...HIP HIP HOORAY

And Colonel.....please take good care of yourself. We still have a zoomie date planned. I'll be saying prayers that you will come home from the doctor place safe and sound and flashin' that big smile!

Here's a hug for you, and be sure to share it with your sisters and with mom and pops!! [:D]
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chris

Post by chris »

threedogjeep wrote:And Colonel.....please take good care of yourself. We still have a zoomie date planned. I'll be saying prayers that you will come home from the doctor place safe and sound and flashin' that big smile![:D]
:shock:
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

Phew! Glad to see she rebounded quickly from whatever it was that got her sick. It's a scary thing to go through, makes every moment you have with them even more special. :D
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Glad to hear she is recovering. Good luck on the morrow, Colonel!
janet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by janet »

hey colonel, its me your friend luna. i just got home from the hospital myself. i feel alot better. especially that i know buttercup is home too. tell her to take it easy for a couple of days, k. give your mom lots of kisses. good luck tomorrow,and be the brave boy i know you are.
anyone can own a dog, it takes someone special to own a chow.Image
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

That is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! WELCOME HOME PRINCESS BUTTERCUP!!!!
Hope your surgery goes well tomorrow Colonel, we'll keep you in our Thoughts and Prayers
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Colonel here...
Thanks everyone for thinking of me and my sister, Princess Buttercup!
I gotta tell you a secret. My daddy is so smart, I think he is really a chowling!
Sunday, while at the emergency hosptial with Princess Buttercup, mommy asked a vet tech if they had received any sick animals due to the pet food contamination. The vet tech said, "no, I think that is just a big media scare".
The hosptial had over 40 patients at the time my sister was taken in. Whew! That's a lot of sick puppies! Mommy and daddy were curious as to why there were so many.
Then, while mommy and daddy were in the ultra sound room with my sister, waiting...daddy got very nosy!!!!
Daddy noticed a stack of patient files with a sticky note on top that read, "fed recalled food".
Each file was a case of renal failure and each furkid had eaten the recalled food dated during the recall period.
Mommy said to daddy, "didn't that vet tech just say no cases"? Hmmmm?
I don't have an answer to this, but I just wanted to pass it along.
Princess Buttercup had not eaten the recalled food. Doctors don't know what caused Princess Buttercup to get so deathly sick. But, mommy thinks her days as a therapy pal, visiting the hospitals and nursing homes is over. This scared my mommy and daddy too much to risk any of us furkids getting sick.

Thanks so much to all my furfriends! I wish I could give each of you a big purple kiss!!!!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

WOW.. it's so amazing to me what can happen to our 'babies' when we're not looking! At least I'm finally feeling like I've found a place that will not laugh at my neurotic behavior when it comes to what people try to feed my Sid!!

I hope Princess Buttercup is doing better and better!! :)

Cheri.