Chuka and Chloe.....

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Chuka and Chloe.....

Post by Guest »

Chuka and Chloe were two Border Collie/Chow mixes that I adopted together, they were sisters. Chloe had to be put to sleep at 4 months old due to a congenital defect in her throat that wouldn't allow her to swallow correctly, we spent over $5000 in two months trying to make her better.....We didn't have her long at all, about two months but she touched everyone in our family very much. She is greatly missed.
Chuka at nine months proved what a horrible mix she was, great dog but the worst mix. The border collie in her just couldn't get enough to do, one day she scaled our 6 ft. kennel and she took off, running like crazy. That was the border collie, then the chow kicked in where she refused to come back to me, unfortunatley that bad mix had a worse effect. She was then hit by a car, less then a block from our home, no one stopped to help her, and the person that hit her was never found. Other cars just drove around her, she was not dead. She was sitting up, crying out in pain. I carried her home andwe startd off to the vets, she never made it. I miss her every single day I even mistakenly call Koda, Chuka. This september was the two year anniversary of her death. I just wanted to share some pictures of two of the best dogs I have ever owned and also, two of the first chow mixes I have ever owned. Their memory will live on forever...........

Here are pictures of them. Chuka is the red dog and Chloe is the Black and White...............*RIP*