Pet food recall...deaths reported

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowdad
Rank 0
Rank 0

nutro

Post by chowdad »

I returned a pile of food to petsmart yesterday because George won't eat it. The Nutro items I had were on the recall list the cashier told me. I am sure glad he wouldn't eat any. When I say he won't eat I mean he won't even tolerate it near him. One was a foil gravy pack of Lamb and rice stew. They said no dry food was on the list. I do live in Missouri and it isn't on the states that were listed here.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Sherill I haven't heard that yet either. This whole thing is so scary and sad. We took Special to Petsmart to hang out today and the shelves are so bare with signs everywhere saying they're not seeling various canned or pouched foods for the time being, it's eery to see. I just feel so awful for all the families that are affected by this.
This photo arrangement is the wonderful work of Sweetpea
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Ok, thanks for the feedback (no pun intended).
I wonder how many pets have died from the contaminated food and no one was counting?
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!
sit_by_the_beach
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sit_by_the_beach »

Bama, I saved your doggie food recipe you posted previously. Sounds good to me. I will use up the kibble and mix it with home cooked food.

Good news about Menu Foods, they only make up 1% of the pet food industry.

We should read labels and don't buy any pet food made in Canada. Reason is below,

Loophole' leaves Canada's pet food unregulated
Last Updated: Thursday, March 22, 2007 | 3:26 PM ET
CBC News

"The Canadian Food Inspection Agency's job is to look after human food safety and production and that's what we focus on," Strahl said Wednesday.
Continue Article

Strahl said the Canadian Veterinary Medicine Association monitors and regulates pet food. But the association says it only provides nutritional guidelines and has no regulatory powers.

more, click link

http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/2007/0 ... -food.html

Karin
KARIN &
chowMIKKI

bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Karin,

It's a basic recipe. I change up the veggies and fruit to satify my furkids. Sometimes I use ground chicken and many times I use ground lamb.
Hope it works out great for you!
**Photo by Sweet Pea.
She has a photogenic memory...really!