Safety Fencing

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

Safety Fencing

Post by Auddymay »

Last week, I had Lily tied out with Pippy, our Lab/chow mix roaming freely (she never goes anywhere, so not actually roaming...) and ended up dousing off on the couch for about an hour. When I woke, I checked the dogs and there lay the tie-out with a broken collar attached! My heart sank. :shock: How long had it been? And me still in jammies. I called out for Lily,and then for Pippy, who was out of sight, but still in the yard because she wouldn't have followed Lily out. Just as quickly as my heart sank, it was lightened :D when both dogs came from behind my car! I was so-o-o lucky! They both came inside,and Lily was covered with sand burrs. She has a real thing for rabbits and must have went into the tall grass near the rabbit hutches at the back of our property. She sees the big dog run rabbits to the edge of the tall grass and quivers at the want of joining in. :P Which brings me to my question... has anyone here had success with invisible fencing? I think it would work with Lily, until she sees a rabbit, :twisted: anyway. Chain link is too expensive for the area I want fenced, I am currently not working, which is why I got Lily now, so I can work with her and not have to keep her crated all day and then at night. But I am budgeted because of being at home. Suggestions?