spunky pup

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

spunky pup

Post by Maxwell »

Maxwell is very VERY spunky and i have small children that he likes to jump on. i tell him is wants to play but they think he is trying to hurt them. He doesn't really do it to my 2 younger ones but when my oldest (6) comes into the room he is all over him. My son does not like this and runs to me. Max doesn't jump on me or my husband and he listens to us. but he runs all over my son. what can i do to make interacting with max more pleasent for my son?
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Maxwell

Post by Judy Fox »

Carmell, I would suggest you teach your 6 yr. old to refuse that sort of behaviour from Maxwell.
Teach him not to hit Maxwell but to stand up to him and be stern and say "NO Max". or whatever. Back him up and stand by him and let him be the one to say No. 8).
Take the habit of not leaving him alone with the children - at the end of the day, no dog is absolutely trustworthy to be left on their own with children. Discipline is the order of the day and ensuring that Maxwell knows the rules of the house and what is more, obeys them.
You cannot be too vigilant - firmness and fairness work I feel. Firmness to all, chow and children and ensure that children are fair with Chow and Chow realises mugging folk is out of order.

Good luck. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

ok thats what i figured and have been doing. thanks!