Me, Smoki and Ruffus

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

IzzaFred
Rank 0
Rank 0

Me, Smoki and Ruffus

Post by IzzaFred »

Hi, I'm Izzy, I'm 15 and live in Swansea in the UK.
I have a Chow Chow, Smoki and a Collie cross, Ruffus.
Smoki is a 6/7 year old rescued puppy farm breeding bitch. We adopted her in January last year. She came to us with entropion and thyroid problems, as well as psychological problems. She displayed stereotypic behaviour like pacing and circling. She has come on loads since we got her and is a friendly and loving girl - fantastic with people and other dogs. She is much healthier now, following a spay, eye operation and medication for her thyroid.
Ruffus is 13 years old. He's my first dog and I got him almost three years ago. He is very friendly and obedient, and is a wonderful companion. He is also very healthy despite being and oldie.

Hope I posted this in the right place.
Slave to Smoki and Ruffus (and the bunnies and guinea pigs)
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Izzy,

I am Judy and I am 62 and I live in Crewe, Cheshire.

I was amused by your user name 'IzzyFred@ as I have a 14 year old granddaughter called Isabelle - her friends call her Izzy (we call her Ibs) and my husband is called Fred.

We have two Chow Chows called Milly and Mabel.

You are very knowledgeable about your Chow and I bet she is happy to be with you. She sounds a very lucky girl. There is a lady in San Francisco called Lou who also rescued a Chow bitch who had had lots of litters. She is a very pretty girl called Pooh Bear, spoilt rotten and thoroughly loved and very happy - another lucky girl.

Your other dog sounds very nice too - do they get on together.

My Milly and Mabel are very funny girls.

Have you visited Monica's site. We have all posted lots of pictures of our Chows there. It is lovely to look at them all. I go to the site every now and again but the only trouble is, I forget my password!! :oops: I tried to log on last night, forgot my password then the computer froze on me so I pulled the plug and went to bed. I will have another go tomorrow! :roll:

Keep in touch and let us know how Smoki and Co. are doing.

Nos Da! Bach.
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Judy Fox wrote: There is a lady in San Francisco called Lou who also rescued a Chow bitch who had had lots of litters. She is a very pretty girl called Pooh Bear, spoilt rotten and thoroughly loved and very happy - another lucky girl.

If this works, you will see a picture of Miss Pooh Bear! Isn't she pretty!

ADMIN EDIT: Fixed quote and photo link.
carolyn

Hello Issy

Post by carolyn »

Welcome to the club and do hope you are a member for a long long time, I come from South Africa, and have 9 Chows, which I love very much, They all used to be show dogs and did very well in the dogs shows, but all except for one are now spayed as they are getting on in years, I am almost 60years and feel it is time to stop haveing tiny puppies around, even though I love them very much, but to part with them is so hard, and I cry every time I sell one of them. Well my dear I wish you lots of luck and lots of love from your chows, they are very special people and will give you lots of love in return, read my stories as I continue to write them and you will learn a lot about the chow chow, I have had chows for almost 30 years now.
Regards Carolyn Dewrance
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Hello Izzy,

Have you read the post from Roger regarding Confucious.

This is a very sad case and I just thought you might be interested in the report that Jeff and Peks posted.

It explains all about how a Chow is - no doubt if you read it, you will recognise a lot of Smoki in there! :)

Now then, I don't want to frighten you, but my advice to Roger about not letting anybody near Confucious in the future is real.

My Milly and Mabel are the sweetest, calmest, most affectionate Chow girls possible. However, Milly especially, can get a little jumpy when children run at them when we are out walking with them.

Take care of Smoki, my dear, the law over here is not quite so vicious as in some of the states in America, at least we are given a chance over here. Don't be frightened, just be vigilant.

Snuffs and snuggles to Smokie and her companion from M & M. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)