Ice Age

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Ice Age

Post by Princess »

Well, it's officially ICE AGE in Canada.. in Alberta anyways!!! Today the temperatures are down to -25C (-13F) with most bone piercing wind chill makes it feel like -38C (-36.4F). It is absoltely ridiculous and tomorrow supposed to be even worse!! These temperatures should be illegal and not possible!!!!

Poor Gabbana doesn't understand why that mean mom of hers won't let her be outside for more then 10 minutes!!!

Just thought I would complain to everyone!! Mainly i'm just jealous that most of you guys don't have to experience this terrible weather.. :)

Olga
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

I won't say it...I won't say it, Roxana... :silenced:

Princess - yes, it should be illegal! Arghhh....we're looking at below 20F here by Friday or Saturday...very rare...we're frozen without the ice! burrrrrrrrrr!!!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Hahaha, yes Roxana is even more north then I am...
This is how the evening played out:
(not sure what happened to the date on my camera :? )
MOM, CAN WE GO BACK OUTSIDE?

PLEASE MOM? I'M ASKING NICELY

MOM, MOM, MOM, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!

FINE, I DON'T LIKE YOU EITHER!

sorry everyone, too much time on my hands!
Olga
Last edited by Princess on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

AND THE CHOW ALWAYS WINS

Ok i'm done now..
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

I saw those temps on the news this morning and thought about all my nothern friends. I so don't miss that weather but I hear you on the chow wanting to be outside in it.

It was pretty chilly here last weekend - I know I know :roll: 35 is not cold to some of you but it's cold for us big babies! Cabo would not come in the house. Now we're supposed to get the artic blast this weekend and I know he's gonna want to be outside in this like a crazy dog. I can't wait to see him in the snow if we ever get him to my folk's house.
Mommy to Cabo
Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lucydog »

It's coming to Texas! Jasper says "BRING IT ON!"

The Pit Bulls on the other hand.... I am going to have to physically carry a couple of them out there to the yard to pee. They won't do it. They'll hold it forever. Or, like Loretta, use the rug inside the nice, warm house. :-(
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

kingalls wrote:I won't say it...I won't say it, Roxana... :silenced:

Princess - yes, it should be illegal! Arghhh....we're looking at below 20F here by Friday or Saturday...very rare...we're frozen without the ice! burrrrrrrrrr!!!
Actually Karen...
When I got to work this morning everyone was complaining how cold it was outside and just I said "ahhh c'mon, it's not that bad, it could be worse" and they all looked at me like I was crazy :roll: . It just reminded me of how I used to get all bundled up and take Dakota for long walks in weather like this....she loved it!
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

So, are you saying global warming wouldn't be so bad after all? :lol:
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

Olga, I'm glad you decided to pass the time with your camera, your Gabbana is BEAUTIFUL, she looks like what I think my Kearra will look like when she grows up! PERFECT STORY, and what a face, I wanted to let her go outside myself, and persistant too haha
I give, I was complaining that it was too cold to go for a walk yesterday and it was 58 haha You could quickly turn into a POPSICLE couldn't ya??? OK so now I'll stop thinkin' COLD after hearing your temps I'll have to think WOW it is soooo warm out haha Us Southern folks have NO IDEA what COLD really is!!!! :oops:
Stay Warm
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Forget the Global warming, give me the Ice age, Frozen Tundra anyday. Its much eisier to take your sled team to town then riding aound on or trying to park a Camel.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

OH Olga, I'll trade you that FREEZING COLD and the beauty of Canada, for our Hurricanes, HOT weather and the nasty image everyone has of New Orleans, the NICE people here, the crime and aftermath ANY OLD DAY...........Can we come visit????? HAHA :lol: I think Kearra would LOVE a good romp in the snow with your Gabbana!!!
Warm but it REALLY sucks here!!! It looks good from down here that ICE AGE up there :roll:
Tryin' to make ya smile.........Stay Warm
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

bama wrote:So, are you saying global warming wouldn't be so bad after all? :lol:
I'm all for global warming, bring on those greenhouse gases I say!! (kidding, just kidding...sorta) :lol:
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Jeff, i'll trade you LA (i think that's where you're at) for ice age hehehehe :D

Vicster: you are more then welcome to come visit!!!!!!!! but for snow we'll have to visit Roxana, they have snow in edmonton, here it's just cold with ice patches hahaha, or we can go to the mountains there's a bunch of snow there....
Yes i would rather not have hurricanes.. but i do like warm weather! we haven't seen too much on New Orleans lately actually, they did show all the flooding for a while but nothing recent. I hope rebuilding is going well, that was really unfortunate :cry: .
oh Gabbana says thanks, I think her ego just grew a whole bunch after reading your post!!! hahahaha :? We need pictures of Kearra, so her ego can large too :)!!!

I'm not sure about global warming, all I wanted was a big snowstorm with those fun fluffy flakes, but we just got really cold instead..grrr...
hahaha, we try to stay warm, wearing snow gear to walk the doggie, or go anywhere for that matter.. brrrrrr
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

Vicster,

I know this is off the subject but...

Just curious, are you an LSU fan?

If so, what do you think of Alabama hiring Nick Saban?
Of course, Alabamians are thrilled!
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Jeff&Peks wrote: give me the Ice age, Frozen Tundra anyday. Its much eisier to take your sled team to town then riding aound on or trying to park a Camel.
hee! hee! Jeff said it, Jeff said it!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Don't ya'll eat no 'yellow snow'

as Zappa would say
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

kingalls wrote:
Jeff&Peks wrote: give me the Ice age, Frozen Tundra anyday. Its much eisier to take your sled team to town then riding aound on or trying to park a Camel.
hee! hee! Jeff said it, Jeff said it!
DOH!! :shock: :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Tundra, yes that is what it is like right now, frozen, unchanging ground for miles and miles. Lily likes it fine, but I wonder what keeps me here in the winter. Probably that pesky family. We have only a smattering of snow- so far.
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

:oops: Olga, :D I'm trying to get my 10 yr old granddaughter to show me how to post pics haha You would never know I ran a computer program at a hospital for years haha I'm only 47 but the computer makes me feel OLD AS DIRT!! Can't wait to show ya Kearra.....
New Orleans and Ms. are slowly recovering but the crime is out of hand. We have had something like 12 murders since the 1st with half the population!! CRAZY!!! Kinda glad everyone is sooo afraid of Kearra, she just laughs and says let them be very afraid haha

Bama: Yes, I'm an LSU fan, but I do it like a girl {CHEER THEM ON AND DON"T KNOW THEIR NAMES}haha Everything else sucks here but LSU is AWSOME!!! And even better Have you checked out THEM SAINTS, this is a first!!!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Auddymay wrote:Tundra, yes that is what it is like right now, frozen, unchanging ground for miles and miles. Lily likes it fine, but I wonder what keeps me here in the winter. Probably that pesky family. We have only a smattering of snow- so far.
Auddymay I wonder about the same thing myself over here in Minnesota! We don't have much snow on the ground either, but it's supposed to be 12-14 degrees F. for the highs this next week, starting tomorrow, and with 10-15 mile and hour winds should feel more like 1-5 degrees. Probably still won't have much snow, And I actually don't mind it cold and dry like this. Firesong and Dreamdancer love this cold stuff too.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Vicster, if you go the photo gallery section there are instruction on how to post a photo... I'm pretty computer illiterate but I did figure out how to do it.. I use photobucket to upload pictures, then resize them and post them... :D
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hey Guys

Chow chows LOVE Snow...they love this cold stuff almost better than treats!!!

I can just see them all pulling sleds around...that would make them estatic!!

Sharon
dchernandez
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dchernandez »

Its supposed to hit record lows here in LA this weekend. It was freezing out, probably around 50F...I know that might not be too cold for some, but for me its freezing
Claudia & Riley
chris

Post by chris »

Victory wrote:
Auddymay wrote:Tundra, yes that is what it is like right now, frozen, unchanging ground for miles and miles. Lily likes it fine, but I wonder what keeps me here in the winter. Probably that pesky family. We have only a smattering of snow- so far.
Auddymay I wonder about the same thing myself over here in Minnesota! We don't have much snow on the ground either, but it's supposed to be 12-14 degrees F. for the highs this next week, starting tomorrow, and with 10-15 mile and hour winds should feel more like 1-5 degrees. Probably still won't have much snow, And I actually don't mind it cold and dry like this. Firesong and Dreamdancer love this cold stuff too.
Well, I have NO SNOW here in Wisconsin and it's been quite warm.. BUT... starting tomorrow and then through Monday with Sunday being the worst... SNOW. Not projecting A LOT of it, about 8 inches... but you know how it goes.. we will either get NOTHING or 16 inches. :-) I'm pretty sure it's coming your way too Audy.... and of course you guys will get that lovely Lake effect snow on top of it.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

The weather was just crazy since Christmas. When I posted the frozen tundra comment, it was cold and windy, then the next day (less even) it got warm again. (40's). Today, it is raining. Lily is a wet chow. Haley dragged her in, literally. Yes, Chris, we are supposed to get snow too, and colder temperatures, but the map on the weather was more confusing than I have ever seen. Normally everything come from the west, with north and south just changing the 'angle' of the fronts. Last night it was west, south, and east, with North entering the picture in a day or so! Sheesh! Looked like a battle plan!