General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

dchernandez
Rank 1
Rank 1

Just sharing a weekend story

Post by dchernandez »

Just sharing my little story...

I picked up my husband's friend at the airport last Friday night who was coming over as a surprise visit to see my husband. On the way to my house he says, oh you have a chow don't you? Gosh, those things are vicious. All I said was, oh just wait until he sees you, he might attack you at first sight :twisted: . I should call my husband so he can restrain him :twisted: .

The friend looked a little worried, especially since he was staying all weekend. I just laughed :lol: .

He came in our house and Riley greeted him with purple kisses and wagging tail. This is the way vicious dogs greet strangers....lol. By the end of the night the friend was playing catch with Riley and even said Riley was better behaved than his golden retriever.

Gosh, when are people going to finally get it.....the attack of the Riley, armed with purple tongue and all :P !!
Claudia & Riley
bama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by bama »

I can see it now....that tail was wagging so viciously!!! :lol:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

In reality you really don't want people to ever get it once they do its over for the breed, it will start all over, bad breeding, bad rep, Chows in all the shelters, people bring this on them selves so for the Chows benefit its best to just let most people think the way they do. When ever someone ask me if they should get a Chow if they look Chow worthy I say sure you couldn't ask for a better breed if they don't look Chow worthy I say no way you don't want a Chow they are horrible. The same with dog Shows I hope I never see a Chow win in any event. Once any breed becomes popular its the same as a death sentence.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
chris

Post by chris »

and Im sure that wagging tail knocked him on his bootie.. LOL
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

:roll:
And the tongue, kinda like an Alien thing you know ..... slurping out and wrapping around the heart with so much love :-oo

CHRIS -- I GOT IT!!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
Princess
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Princess »

Oh yes, sooo vicious with the tail and Kisses hahahaha!!! well good thing you changed another one hahaha!!!!!

Dear Jeff, I agree with everything you say completely, however I would have to disagree with keeping chows great personality secret. I think one of the reasons that many chows are surrendered is because most people forget to think outside the box (or are just too lazy), so when their chow presents as a dominant animal, they percieve it as agression and instantly surrender it instead of maybe looking for other options, which does not help the cause of saving chows :( , there was a post about semantics not too long ago somewhere. I think people need more awareness about the breed. It seems to me that if you search the net about the breed the first thing you find is how mean and agressive they are instead of proper information from people that owned chows. The lack of information and tendency of people to believe the first thing they hear results in arguments like the one going on in the Trading spouses forum... haha wow, it's almost violent, good thing it's through a computer!! But I could be wrong with my opinion..
vicster605@cmaaccess.com
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by vicster605@cmaaccess.com »

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your weekend story haha I can see the mans face with all that fright :shock:

Jeff and Peks, I am REALLY starting to agree with you, but for those of us who are new and had NO IDEA about ALL the CRAP people FEEL THE NEED TO SHARE, it really scares the hell out of you, EVERY SINGLE HORROR STORY!! Until you hear what REAL Chow owners are saying........THEN it kinda ticks you off!!!!There really is NO OTHER dog breed for me, I LOVE EVERY personality traight of the NOBLE CHOW CHOW.......had admired the breed all my adulthood and finally made the leap with much care, only to hear all this CRAP!!

NO SIR, NO YIPPY LITTLE LAP DOG FOR ME!!!!
LET THEM BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID!!!! haha
Tired of ALL THAT JAZZ ABOUT THE CHOW CHOW BREED!!!!