This Is The Type Of Chow I Want

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

This Is The Type Of Chow I Want

Post by jimbo42 »

This is Scooby he's a Cinamon Male Chow 2 months old big puppy the kind I need cause Im a big guy with a big lap.

Here's the photo I got from Google of him take a look & let me know what you think I think he's adorable

http://www.puppydogweb.com/gallery/chow ... petros.jpg
JIMBO42
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

he is too cute. looks like Max when he was a small pup!
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

Is Max a Cinamon Chow too?
JIMBO42
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Yes, he is gorgeous - Milly and Mabel were like that when they were chowlings. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

Post some pics of him please
JIMBO42
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

He's adorable.. :D
Much bigger than what Diego was at that age.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Too CUTE!!!
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

yes, he is.

Max @ 10 months[/img]
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

So is Maxwell! :D
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

If there are cuter puppies than chowchows, I've yet to see one! Next to the word adorable in the dictionary there should be a picture of a chowchow pup. Says it all.

And this one is simply...adorable...sigh
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Victory - I agree with you - I just could not believe how beautiful Milly Ching was when we brought her home.

As you say, they are just about the most adorable little creatures imaginable! :)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Looks like my pup!

Post by Mandy »

He looks exactly like my Chewbacca (chewie) did as a pup. He is a red chow. I'll attempt to load a pic or two. The first is when he was a tiny boy, the next is him last week at 11 months. He is the sweetest little guy you will ever meet and the first picture I got of him melted my heart!

Mandy & Chewie from Illinois

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Mandy, your Chewie is just beautiful! :)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

chewie

Post by Mandy »

Thanks Judy!

He is from a show family of Chows but he has a big old overbite so was "just" a pet quality puppy! Lucky for us cause he is the light of our lives!

I just joined this discussion group yesterday - I belong to another one which I love.

Mandy & chewie
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Judy Fox »

Mandy,
We too are lucky 'cos our Mabel "was not going to make the grade"! :(
Milly and Mabel are litter sisters out of a litter of 6 - the other 4 being boys.
Their sire's owner took Mabel for breeding and showing and we bought Milly. Then when they were 6 months old, we heard that they were looking for a home for Mabel because "she was too small and was not going to make the grade". Their sire and their litter brother are both champions.
They are both just within breed standard in size - a little small but they are within breed standard, as if we care! :wink: They are, as you said, the light of our lives. :)
We are so glad we bought Mabel because she and Milly are devoted to each other.
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

All the chows are pics are pretty Chows have ruined me from ever wanting another breed. Several yrs ago I had a bunch of chows pups from a female chow I had named Kimiko and Ling.

There is nothing more precious than the first time you take them all outside on a warm spring day put them
in a big grassy fenced in lot with their mom and dad and watch them run and play and wrestle around in the grass. I could watch them do that all day
JIMBO42
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

how come Max'x eyes don't look like everyone's eles chow? i love those sad eyes!!!
WorknChowz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: This Is The Type Of Chow I Want

Post by WorknChowz »

jimbo42 wrote:This is Scooby he's a Cinamon Male Chow 2 months old big puppy the kind I need cause Im a big guy with a big lap.

Here's the photo I got from Google of him take a look & let me know what you think I think he's adorable

http://www.puppydogweb.com/gallery/chow ... petros.jpg
Wow! He's a DOLL! Beautiful headpiece, Lovely bone strength. He will be as handsome someday as he is ADORABLE now.
Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all...
Jazzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jazzy »

That picture of Scooby is cute, but he is a red chow. Cinammon chows will not have the dark snout. Red chows start off beige in color, then turn red as they get older.
jimbo42
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jimbo42 »

What does a brown chow look like? Whats the difference in a red and cinamon chow?
JIMBO42
Jazzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jazzy »

There are no brown chows. There are red, cinnamon, cream(white), black, and blue. The blue chows sometimes get tinted by the sun, so they look brown or chocolate. Cinnamon chows will start off dark in color (like dark grey), then start lightening up. Cinnamon chows' snout match their entire fur, whereas red chows start off with black or dark snouts. There was a website that explained all the colors, but I can't find it now.
Taz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Taz »

Jazzy wrote:There are no brown chows. There are red, cinnamon, cream(white), black, and blue. The blue chows sometimes get tinted by the sun, so they look brown or chocolate. Cinnamon chows will start off dark in color (like dark grey), then start lightening up. Cinnamon chows' snout match their entire fur, whereas red chows start off with black or dark snouts. There was a website that explained all the colors, but I can't find it now.
There is to an Brown Chow.
But it's not a legal Color.
Jazzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jazzy »

Well I guess if you go that route, than there are a rainbow of different color chows. However, from what I have read (and my experience), most different color chows are mixed somewhere along the breeding lines OR they have been tinted by the sun.
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

Judy Fox wrote:Mandy,
We too are lucky 'cos our Mabel "was not going to make the grade"! :(
Milly and Mabel are litter sisters out of a litter of 6 - the other 4 being boys.
Their sire's owner took Mabel for breeding and showing and we bought Milly. Then when they were 6 months old, we heard that they were looking for a home for Mabel because "she was too small and was not going to make the grade". Their sire and their litter brother are both champions.
They are both just within breed standard in size - a little small but they are within breed standard, as if we care! :wink: They are, as you said, the light of our lives. :)
We are so glad we bought Mabel because she and Milly are devoted to each other.
If you read the breed standard (A.K.C) you'll see that there is no size limit and you can't be faulted. It says "the average" and nothing and about if to tall/short they'll be faulted to the deviation or something like that. So basically that was the breeders own preference.

Shane