Crossing the back legs

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kingalls

Crossing the back legs

Post by kingalls »

Shiloh is a Chow mix but appears to be mostly chow in most ways. One of the things she does when she lies down is to stretch out her back legs and cross them when she rests. She does this every time. Do any of your Chows do this? Our Mr.Nahkohe doesn't do this. He does like to tuck one or both front paws in - as will Shiloh - but he doesn't have that outstretched back leg and crossing behavior.

The weather has cooled now and our walks have become runs! While I thought most Chows were not so active, Mr. N loves to go full speed ahead. Shiloh tires out and we often find that we need to wait for Ms. Shiloh to catch up. Mr. N has quite a stready trot but swings his head side to side checking for the next spot to mark. Shiloh tends to be all over the place and quite often doesn't quite make her target to mark.

Anyway, we're headed into the cooler months now and our two are excited to walk/runs every evening!

Karen
thfonz98

Post by thfonz98 »

the yogster lays like that too when were in our swing in the back yard...indoors she does not.

Yogi's walks have never been that...if it wasnt for me and the leash it would be a run.
Jazzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jazzy »

Avis crosses her rear legs and tucks one arm when she is resting.
Lily Griffin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lily Griffin »

I have two Chows, Phoenix (red) and Tosh (black) - both lie with one back leg out when resting, especially when it's very hot. We are in South Africa and it can be really hot in summer. Very cute!
Lily
There are no ordinary Chows