NOT CHOW RELATED, BUT MY TRIP TO TOWN BY BUS

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

NOT CHOW RELATED, BUT MY TRIP TO TOWN BY BUS

Post by carolyn dewrance »

Went to town by bus and had to stand all the way, but coming home was a different story, there were dozens of people at the bus rank, and unbeknown to us behind where we were standing was a black man and his wife with about a dozen sheets of corrogated roofing and 6 very long peices of wood, with which he was going to build his home, and these had to be gotton onto the buss before any of the passengers, what a job he and the poor bus driver had manupilating first the wood and then the corrogate roofing which was about 12meters in length each, but perserverance breed success and eventually it was all abourd and the passengers were allowed to get on, once again this was a tight squeeze and a dear old Black lady had put her bag and a parcel on to a couple of seats and when we got onto the bus she said that she had saved the seats for us, which was very kind of her. the trip home was uneventfull except for one old drunk man having his say to everyone within hearing distance, about the roofing and wood, and of course in a basket in front of the bus were about 6 chickens being taken home, possibly for supper. We eventually got home after having to climb over the roofing and wood and stepping over the chickens in the basket, to climb out safe and sound and make our way home down the dusty farm road.

It was quite and experience let me tell you.
Regards
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Carolyn,
That is such a wonderful account! I have been blessed with a vivid imagination and I could just visualise it.
Wonderful.
Poor chickens, though! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)