Coolest Insurance

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Coolest Insurance

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hi all, guess what--my husband got a brochure from his company offering various types of insurance and guess what was on the COVER of the brochure! Yup, a lovely red chow chow!!! There were actually three pups in a convertible, one of which was the chow. One the inside, they only show the chow! :D WOW! :shock: I only read teh brochure this morning even though we've had it for a while and one of the insurances they offer is pet insurance, so I might look into it because of the red fuzzball, otherwise I would've probably just tossed it! :lol: I was so excited to see that though: nice press for the chow chow for a change!
chris

Post by chris »

scan it.. I wanna see the picture.. :-)
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Shane »

dido

Shane
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Awesome! I'll take two!!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
phatnanna
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by phatnanna »

Would love to see the picture also what you think of doggie insurance.
I am the proud owner of Cleo
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

I'll try to get it scanned in today. I was amazed!

phatnana, when we first got Special and he had every worm known to man (except heartworms thank goodness), hadn't been neutered, had had no shots, and had an eye infection we were advised by some freinds that getting the pet insurance might be a good idea if we got some pet insurance if we kept going to the vet at the rate we were, but things calmed down so we haven't thought about it so much. The other members would know better, I think there have been some discussions about pet insurance on the forum, so you could try to do a search. I'm definetly going to look into this one, a lot of things are covered (inclusing x-rays). I'm not sure how this plan stacks up to others, but they say the rate is $14 a month, so I'll try to research a bit more.
3blackchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 3blackchows »

Kalatlin, thats awesome.
I can't wait to see the picture & knowing you, you will do a thorough search for pet insurance.

I've started to look & it will be nearly $62/month for my 3. I can't remember the nname of the company, although it wasn't VIP as they were more $$.
Momma Chow Celeste to Gorman, Onyx & Irish
chris

Post by chris »

Yeah, I would be interested in it too. What all does it cover?
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Question for the insurance agents on the site -- Is there such a thing as group insurance for pets? Maybe we could get a group rate for ChowChow.org. We could provide lots of buyers. :idea:
Kota&Onyx
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kota&Onyx »

I am boarding the train with everyone else! I have been looking and like 3blackchows said VIP is expensive but something is needed and I am interested!!
For chow parents, chowdren are our future.
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

I've also been shopping for insurance for my two Chowdren. I'm most concerned about how companies deal with insuring senior Chows. I can't believe my Chuy just turned nine. :(
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Ok, I finally got around to scanning the pic. It's not the best quality, I don't know what's up with our scanner lately.

Yvonne, notice something???? :D :D I noticed it a few days ago, these are same pups that are in your avatar... same car and everything, just different poses!!! How wild! Where did you get your avatar picture? So is the lighter pup a chow too? I couldn't tell from this picture.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to wade through the actual info, but I will let you know what I find out.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I selected my avatar from the chow selection of avatars available on this site.

But they do appear to be the same dogs.
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

It looks like the insurance shot is from a lower angle than the avatar, and the white chow has moved its head just slightly, but the red one hasn't even moved its paw. They must be from very close to each other in the same session.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

The white chow looks a little bit like Mr N.