Jerryo and others

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Jess04920
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jerryo and others

Post by Jess04920 »

In honor of your love for PETA and their antics, I thought you'd get a kick out of this :lol:

http://209.157.64.201/focus/f-news/1707474/posts
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Just reading the name of the bug makes me faint. Those are the real big ones, but smaller ones are bad enough. I hope they only use the dead ones, I have read of an article of "that" bug eating contest on TV, live ones-the bug not the programme, in which the contestant actually died as the bug ate his innerds later. That TV show also had a contest of holding burps after drinking carbonated drinks and the winner died of burst stomach. They never learn..... Sorry, I hope I wasn't too graphic.

Good ol' PETA. I wonder how they hear about these things, and what their criteria are for choosing a rallying topic???

This probably is a community discussions topic as it has nothing to do w/ chows.... :oops:
Last edited by LEO's mum on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jess04920
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jess04920 »

Oh, I apologize. You're right, I didn't even think about that. Is there a way for me to move it?
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Not sure how. I just had to reply to the topic with a faint head :shifty:
Respecting the rules should always matter, tho. Otherwise it'll be CAOS 8-}
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Unless, of course, the Chow eats the bug. Benny is not much of a bug-eater, which in a way is too bad. Since we live in a wooded area, the woodroaches around here could cut my dog food bill a bunch. :lol:

Again PETA has too much time on its hands. In many cultures insects are gourmet treats. Are they planning to attack those cultural choices, or would that cross the political correctness line on diversity. :?
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

My little grasshopper eater, Magda, would be way into this! :laughloud:
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
Jess04920
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jess04920 »

see, it is Chow related!!! I'm sure all of ours would just LOVE this contest!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

To stay on topic- Tess eats flies if she can catch them, but usually if she's chasing one, one of the cats will notice and then catch and eat the fly before Tess can. Poor pup doesn't get many flies.

As for PETA and the culture thing- it doesn't really matter to them what your culture is. The hardcore members of PETA believe that eating or using any type of animal product is wrong and immoral. This includes gelatin, leather, and even Pepsi (caramel color is made from milk). I doubt cultural traditions would hold much sway with them. I'm not advocating for or against their beliefs, just sharing.

~Renae
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.
chris

Post by chris »

LMAO... that is very close to where I live. We go there all the time. :-) to funny.

Steel eats bugs too... and tries to catch the moths out of the sky... and flys..
Fidel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidel »

I bet Fear Factor has a heck of a time with PETA! :lol:
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Sorry folks but I agree with alot of what Peta stands for even though I do eat meat, I personally think fear factor should be taken off the air because of their abuse of bugs,worms what ever, A life is a life no matter what it is. I don't even watch the show because of that. We do a great job of killing each other why kill everything else in sight. Like Horton the Elephants says, A person is a person no matter how big or small. Dr Seuss in case we are not all up on Horton the Elephant.
Last edited by Jeff&Peks on Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chris

Post by chris »

Are you sure that wasn't.. Dr. Seuss? Blaaa hahahahaha.. Jeff.. you live in Cali.. you can't tell me you haven't killed a cockroach walking on your fruit loops in the morning.
Last edited by chris on Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

yeah that guy, i better fix it. I don't know what they do in WI but in CA a roach on your fruit loops means time to leave the nieghborhood.

You know, fruit as in fruit not fuit
chris

Post by chris »

I have no idea what you are talking about Jeff. none.. hmmm :-? [-( :-oo
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Jeff&Peks wrote:Sorry folks but I agree with alot of what Peta stands for even though I do eat meat, I personally think fear factor should be taken off the air because of their abuse of bugs,worms what ever, A life is a life no matter what it is. I don't even watch the show because of that. We do a great job of killing each other why kill everything else in sight. Like Horton the Elephants says, A person is a person no matter how big or small. Dr Seuss in case we are not all up on Horton the Elephant.
I agree completely. I emailed PETA about Fear Factor once- in regards to the contestants eating horse rectums (just disgusting) and they said that as much as they would like to put a stop to it, Fear Factor is careful to not violate any laws in the way that the animals are treated before death. In this case, the parts came from horses that were slaughtered for other things (which just completely disgusts me). I doubt there are laws governing the way insects are treated so they probably can't do anything. It's really sad the way people disregard life.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.