Please try to help

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Chris, I've pmed you my info.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that I do have to be at work certain days of the week, so once there's a better idea of when the transport will take place, please let me know so I can try to make arrangements at work if need be.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Damn - the rottie forum took down the thread for help with transport. So much for cooperation among breeds, I guess... :wall:
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

That stinks! I actually had two people from the doxie forum who would have helped. They just were a little too far west to do it (i have an offer for Ohio but that is way too far west.

Hopefully we will know the schedule soon. kate is working on it tonight and i have emailed her the info of everyone i have.

no to get back on the phone about the kitties again!

Chris
Jess04920
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jess04920 »

That's terrible, Michele. I can't believe they wouldn't be willing to help these dogs just because they're a different breed. Thanks for trying, though.

More problems. The shelters are all booked up. I've called over 10 of them easily all over the State and they are all full. They are only taking little dogs at this point. One woman told me that Chow Mixes are really hard dogs to place and that she already has 3 that are in her shelter and have been there over 3 years because they're big and everyone wants little puppies right now...or PBs.

This is so hard. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow through Sunday. I can only take one at this point because all the shelters are full and I don't know when I'd even be able to get him.

I'm going to have to see what I can do as far as rearranging plans and talking to a few more people.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Hi Jess,

That's fine. Thanks for trying. if you can only take Bear I totally understand. I can try to see if I can find any arrangement for Dingo to get her up to Lenita. It might be hard to get them up all at once, but maybe if we get two on their way at least we can then figure out the others.

Just keep me posted. I may have to board Bear for a few days.
we'll see what happens. I will find out more on the landlord status tonight.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

The next time I'll be able to transport is Oct. 8. Sorry. :cry:
Michele

mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

okay i just talked to the owner. Its fine jessica if you can't arrange to pick him up or meet someone until the beginning of the week, just as long as we know. he can meet you. we just need to know ahead of time.

new development: the owner is driving to Wisconsin for his daughter's wedding on the 7th of October. Red needs to be on ehr way to lenita before then because of possible puppies.

But what i was thinking - if we can do this (and his truck cab is only really big enough for one dog. Could be two but that's tight for that many hours) if there is one dog left he can take her and meet someone in Ohio or Indiana and they can take the dog to Lenita from there or if there is someone in the great lake states/midwest who would be willing to take a dog.

I do have someone on the doxie board in Ohio

I did get a PM early on from someone in Chicago....
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

I found someone who is in sarasota that might be able to help get the dog to Jessica. She knows you will be away until sunday.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

okay - never mind - she can't go from sarasota because she is only available weekends. I think the best bet is to get the owner to meet jessica at a time when jessica is done with work dor the day, etc.
chris

Post by chris »

ummm, I might be able to transport. I live on the Wisconsin/Illinois boarder and I have Friday off of work. I would be available to transport for about 8 hours. If it is put off until next week, I usualy have Monday and Fridays off..but it could change. Let me know.. maybe I can make arrangements to have a different day if you need my help
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Lenita is in upstate NY.

But there are two transports the way it looks now. 2 dogs are going to Lenita from florida. (the one that is mainly being talked about). i didn't think it was fair to ask for 3 at once because of the size of people's cars.

But i just also learned that the owner is leaving for wisconsin on the 7th. Whatever dog (there will be one or two) leftover after jess gets bear and lenita gets Red et al,) he can put in the cab of his truck and take with him.

Originally i thought we would have to set up two transports the same route but because of this information - it could work out that you could meet him, i will see if the person from the doxie group will still take over northern ohio and we will fill in the gaps from there. to get them to lenita
chris

Post by chris »

I pm'd you.. see if the Ohio people would be willing to meet me in South Bend IN. I wish I could do more, but SB is still 4 hours or more away from me, and I have to go back. Let me know if I can help with what little I have to offer.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Needs to stay up top.
Michele

mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

unfortunately the ohio person will be away the weekend of the 7th. Pooh. Well, we can always try to get the rest to Lenita. I am also posting on a chow list to see if we can get an adoption or a foster of one dog in the meantime.

All i know is that we need to get Red to her ASAP
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

Ok I am back.

Please let me know the time frame because I do work but am slow so I could take off. I could drive down to the MD/PA border ... Maybe around Rising Sun .... and take them north a ways. How far is Lenita from the PA border? I'd like to not drive 95 if it is possible. We know lots of other routes if I know what my destination is!!
Can you PM me?
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Here's a map from Rising Sun to Lenita.

Lenita can come down to Syracuse if she has to
But i guess the next thing is to try to get
someone to drive from the new york border and up and see how far we can get them

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 8&z=7&om=1
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

has anyone tried forum.dog.com?????? They seem to be good people and there are some chow owners on there.
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

bump
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Okay an update.

Someone is coming to see BooBoo from a rescue. He is going to go up to gainesville. Hope she falls in love with him.

The girls will go to gainesville tuesday to be spayed and the vet will look at Red to see how far along she is. (if she is too far along she has to stay to be transported at a later date).

The rescue in gainesville will probably take her in if she is too far along to send her on a trip.

This way i think it will work out better so i am not sending anyone not fixed so they will better behave.

Kate who is helping me figure out a route says we should cool it for this weekend and plan for next weekend.

Now, here is the kicker, the dogs do have a few extra days to stay at the house - so we CAN schedule for the next weekend. Only prob is the owner is leaving the 4th, not the 7th as i thought. The dogs will be alone with the brother and his girlfriend looking in on them.

So I am missing my first leg person but i will try to fill it. And the dogs will have to be picked up from the house which i will meet the brother to do and i will go with him to meet whoever i can get to do the first leg (i cannot drive because of an eye condition)

Now that also means that we have time if Michele can transport Bear on the 9th and pass him to Jessica if i can get someone to meet her in Tampa.

Okay so that is what i know at the moment..will keep you posted
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

I can take Bear as far as Lake Wales if need be. It's about half way between Jess and I.

I can do it on Sunday, October 8 or Monday the 9th. Sunday is better as I wouldn't have my son along for the ride.
Michele

mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

That sounds wonderful!

When Jessica gets back in from her trip - we'll see which day works best for her. (hoping its sunday) Now i just have to see how i can get Bear down to you. (i have time to figure that out. its a real bummer that he is leaving early).
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Update:

I think its safe to say that the transport day for the girls will be Saturday the 7th....so lets regroup. they will be spayed tomorrow so it will give them a few days rest.

The potential new family met BooBoo yesterday. She was going to look at him and one other dog. Please cross your fingers that in the end she decides on BooBoo!!

Here is BooBoo's adventure!
http://thesearedays-k8.livejournal.com/12090.html#

Red is really ready to pop it looks like. It doesn't look like she will make it up to Lenita at this point. I wish i could get someone to come look at her to know for sure, but since the owner has puppy experience, i am taking his word for it. The puppies will be here any day he thinks.
Babs64
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Babs64 »

Are there still plans for the owner to bring some of the dogs up to Wisconsin? Do you know yet who will be coming up?

I am just west of Chicago. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

1) Someone met BooBoo yesterday. Looked promising but she opted for another dog because he was more in his natural surroundings. Although BooBoo was playful and sweet, the other dog was even more playful because BooBoo was just a visitor at where he met the potential adopter. DRAT

2) Getting Bear to Jessica will work best on Sunday the 9th if Jessica is up for it.

3) As far as the other dogs to Lenita, it looks like the owner could take at least one up on his way to Wisconsin, and then send the dog over through Indiana, Ohio, NY.
he would leave Wednesday and probably hand the dog off on thursday. This all hinges on getting people at the tail end of the week or a sleepover somewhere for the dogs until the weekend and it also hinges on me convincing him to leave the two older dogs at home.

4) As far as the transport straight up to Lenita through Georgia, Maryland etc... the other one or two could start on their journey October 8th.

5) Oh and Red is way too pregnant to go - she will have puppies any day now.

I will know which way things look like they are going to shape up this evening.

thanks for all of your help so far.
I have a flow chart going as far of what dogs are doing what - yikes! and then there is thinking of who would travel best with who....

Chris
mytwodoxies
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mytwodoxies »

Babs64 wrote:Are there still plans for the owner to bring some of the dogs up to Wisconsin? Do you know yet who will be coming up?

I am just west of Chicago. If there is anything I can do please let me know.
I definitely definitely will!1

Are you available only weekends or midweek/end of the week also? Just making note of all of this.

Chris