Fur Lined Nests

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Pete
Rank 0
Rank 0

Fur Lined Nests

Post by Pete »

My sister has a cream colored Chow/Samoyed mix that I rescued about five years ago named Dino. He is basically a big fur ball. The problem is that my sister has taken him to several groomers to have him shaved for the Arizona summer and they can only shave about half of him before he gets too wild. This has resulted in some interesting looks for him. About two years ago we let my then 8-year-old niece, Caitlin, try to shave him for the summer. The funny thing is that Dino just lets Caitlin cut his hair and shave him and pretty much do anything to him, those two are the best of friends. She may not be the best groomer, but she gets him shaved for the summer. :lol:

This summer my niece has been traveling with her dad, and off to see her grandparents so she hasn’t been home to shave Dino, so he is shedding all over the back yard. Their are dozens of dove; quail, cactus wrens and other wild birds living in the Palo Verde trees and other desert brush surround my sister’s property. The funny thing is that all of the birds have been swooping down into the yard and making off with the loose tufts of Dino’s hair and flying off with them. When you look at the trees around the house it looks like there are clumps of snow in the trees, because all of the birds have lined their nests with chow fur. I imagine that this must make for a great home for the birds.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Brilliant Pete,

WE live on The Island and this spring, my husband put Milly and Mabel's fur out on the hedges when he combed them.

The birds, especially the sparrows took it all so we imagine all the little nests around were beautifully lined with soft, warm chow fur. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)