Hair loss 2 year old black bitch

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Bebe_bb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hair loss 2 year old black bitch

Post by Bebe_bb »

Hi guys new to the site I’ve been having problems with hotspots with my chow since summer after using the tea bag method (which was advised to me worked however she is left with bald patches on bottom back legs top of back near tail
And her bushy tail has gone and left with fluffy bit and tip and nothing from bottom nor middle took her to vets they said skin alertly as no sores present after meds she has started itching again can anyone shed any light ???
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Hair loss 2 year old black bitch

Post by Constantina »

Seems like a fungus issue. Check with your vet just to make sure. What helped Chestnut was dog wipes with ketoconazole and chlorhexidine. I use Mal-A-Ket or Keto C. I get them from amazon. It degreases the area and kills off fungus and bacteria. I apply once a day then hair starts growing back on the 7th day or so..
VinceHarada
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VinceHarada »

I would highly recommend taking your dog fto the vet.It's also very possible she's allergic to something in her food.
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

how old is she have you had a full thyroid panel done to rule that out?
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida