General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

anita_robins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Its been too long

Post by anita_robins »

Hello all,

Has been a while since we were able to last post on the site. We have been adding to our family since we last posted. On June 15, 2005 we gave birth to a 8 pound 3.5 oz baby boy nmed Hayden Anthony Robins.

The herd here is getting used to the baby.. Chico hates the crying and seems to come and investigate each time the baby howls.

Cats don't seem to mind.

hope all is well in chow land with you all. Look forward to posting more late.

Anita, Anthony and Chico
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hi Anita!

Congratulations! I've been thinking about you and wondered if you had your baby!

My niece just had a baby 2 weeks ago and she's a real cutie. They have not introduced Lao to her yet. He is very interested and wants to take a sniff when she visits. I am sure that Chico will come around and next thing you'll know Hayden and Chico will be joined to the hip!

Good to hear from you.

PBnZ send your family lots of purple kisses!
anita_robins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Lou and gang

Post by anita_robins »

Congrats to your Neice on her new arrival.

Thanks for thinking of us, I wished we were online more but seems in the last months of pregnancy all I wanted to do was sleep, and now that we have the little one there is no time for sleep.

I am sure you are right about Chico and Hayden.... Chico seems very interested in him when he cries, but could care less about him at any other time. But then again he (chico) could care less about me at most times.. He he he.

Chico has at least stopped some of his crazy habits since we have had hayden, the most destructive being the throwing up, and the second most annoying being the barking in the middle of the night for no reason.

I miss hearing everyones stories, last time I was on, your older fellow wasnt doing so well, but was still teaching Miss pooh bear a thing or too.

I miss hearing stories about Miss Milly and Miss Mable, and Peoke too. I hope all your chowdren are well and that we have not had any losses since I have been away.

Does Robin and Joe still frequent this site, and if so how is their new chowling getting on???

Love to all and purple kisses to everyone from Chico

Anita, Anthony and Chico Monkey
kingalls

Congratulations

Post by kingalls »

Anita - congratulations on your special edition to the family. I'm sure Chico will adjust and recognize the various new sounds that comes with a baby.
My daughter and her son have come to live with us temporarily. My grandson is 2.5 years and there is alot of activity and new sounds that Mr. Nahkohe is still trying to comprehend. He gets very jumpy and will occassionally bark because he doesn't understand. I am sure this will all settle down for Mr. N as it will for Chico.
Take care!
Karen
Shane
Rank 1
Rank 1

Something I read

Post by Shane »

Ummm....I'd like to say congrats on the new baby aswell.

I read something in a dog magazine about dogs and new born babies I think you'll like to know. Its nothing alarming, but a few simple things.

U should look for signs wen your dog or any animal is in the room. As we all know growling, barking, and even intense staring you should look out for. We all know wen playing dogs and other animals feel jealousy so therefore, wen one plays with the baby another play with the animals clean up then rotate. It also says that a new baby squeals and cry would sound like that of a animal.

As the child would grow his voice shall change and the dog would not give him the "look". Ummm...always be around wen the dog and child is present. I would let the dog and child hve a physical reaction about atleast 2 months. usually it is not a problem with dogs and children they usually get along. It also said that children who are raised up with dogs usually tend to hve a lesser chance of having allergic reaction.

There was alot more info. that was given and thought you would like to know.

Shane