General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

a LITTLE STORY TO TELL YOU

Post by carolyn dewrance »

WIDGET THE CLIMBING DASCHOUND

On Saturday, Widget went missing from the castle after chasing the monkeys into the bush, Dave Heather and Neil searched for her and called but there was no answer, they again looked on Sunday but still no luck, On Monday Dave sent the farm staff into the bush to search for her and they looked all day but still no widget, then on Monday evening at about 7pm he heard the dogs barking on the hill up by the station, so he decided to make one last search, and crawled through the bush getting ripped by thorns in the bush, and slowly but painfully made his way towards where he had heard the dogs barking, calling Widget all the time, then he heard a small little whimper but it was not coming from the ground it appeared to come from above him, looking up into a large tree, and shining his torch there was Widget about 30 meters up caught in the rambling vine growing up the tree, Dave decided he needed help so he phoned Neil his so in law to come and help with more torches and a long ladder, well Neil had to make his way slowly through the same thorny bush and almost dying of fright when his Rottweiler suddenly appeared next to him in the dark, he eventually reached Dave and together they put up the step ladder which was not long enough to reach Widget, so Dave had to climb the rest of the way up the vine covered tree, to reach her, He grabbed her by the ruff of her neck and hanging on with one hand and Widget in the other he slowly and carefully made his way back to the stepladder, and then back to earth. Widget had been gone for 3 days, and had had no water or food, and of course it’s the middle of winter, and cold at night, but she was at last safe, He took her inside and made her some dinner and gave her some water, and put her to bed. How this little dashound managed to climb the tree is beyond belief, but she did it, and survived three cold nights caught in the vine growing up the tree.

SHE MAY NOT BE A CHOW BUT IS VERY DEAR TO MY HEART.

At least only my chows Zena and Sharon climb on top of their kennels but that is as high as they can get.

Carolyn Dewrance
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Oh Carolyn, that is really so funny - and wonderful.

I told you it is a wonderful world. :)
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)