9 Week Male Chow chow Behavior

General discussions about Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

AppaTheBearLion
Rank 0
Rank 0

9 Week Male Chow chow Behavior

Post by AppaTheBearLion »

Hello everyone, so Appa is finally home and hes 9 weeks. His first night he was very quiet but his 2nd day and 3rd day with us has been different. when we leave to work or leave him he begins to whine and bark and I came in a couple times and noticed him bitting the play penn I have him in. He barks and whines really aggressively. Is this normal behavior seen in chow chows or should I be concerned?
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: 9 Week Male Chow chow Behavior

Post by Cindy J »

This is normal while they are settling in. I often give my young puppies something to keep them busy. For us it is a raw beef bone with a little meat on it for the puppy to chew on. Other have mentioned that they give yummy treats in a kong. I found that they wear themselves out and settle in after a spell. It is hard to ignore them when they carry on. Just make certain that his bladder is empty first.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
OwenCuf
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OwenCuf »

Great advice with the distraction, Cindy. That's what worked for us too, most of the time anyway. This phase didn't last long though.
rafaelot012
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rafaelot012 »

OwenCuf wrote:Great advice with the solution crédit locataire distraction, Cindy. That's what worked for us too, most of the time anyway. This phase didn't last long though.
Hello!
This is a good article because there are many tips and also many advices that will be very useful for me.
Thanks!